Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How do I execute a werebeast?  (Read 1197 times)

Gamermaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How do I execute a werebeast?
« on: May 16, 2013, 10:21:59 am »

My Militia Commander/Fish Dissector turned out to be a Werebeast, killed six other dwarves and two animals, then turned back into his standard dorfy form. The military won't attack him,no record of him is in the justice system (Despite the Sheriff personally trying to beat the crap out of him when he turned into a Weremole), he had some pretty nasty injuries but I couldn't figure out a way to keep the doctors from treating him. Is a way to get rid of him before he strikes again that isn't needlessly complicated?

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
Re: How do I execute a werebeast?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 10:47:36 am »

Magma

TripJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 10:58:12 am »

wall him in somewhere and leave him to rot

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2013, 11:03:29 am »

the same as you execute most things.  Execution tower, firing squad, or just good ol' fire.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

hiroshi42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2013, 11:08:02 am »

If you are determined to waste a valuable resource then you might want to arrange an unfortunate accident.  Although most of those boil down to magma.  Or you could try to create a weremole army of doom.  Or at least an army of look-ma-no-hands-POOF-now-they're-back-yay-regeneration.
'Your' jetpack was last seen attached to a nuclear powered science tank on Mars.
It's faster to write "!!science!!" than any of the synonyms: "mad science", "dwarvern science", or "crimes against the laws of god and man".

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2013, 12:20:36 pm »

My Militia Commander/Fish Dissector turned out to be a Werebeast, killed six other dwarves and two animals, then turned back into his standard dorfy form. The military won't attack him,no record of him is in the justice system (Despite the Sheriff personally trying to beat the crap out of him when he turned into a Weremole), he had some pretty nasty injuries but I couldn't figure out a way to keep the doctors from treating him. Is a way to get rid of him before he strikes again that isn't needlessly complicated?
atom smash is the easier and makes less messy. You can also lock him in a room with a upiright anything and set the lever to repeat then watch he get stabed to death.
In a time before time, I had a name.

Victor6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2013, 05:23:49 pm »

If you haven't mapped them yet, a naked solo expedition into the caverns is always fun. With a little luck something interesting will dispose of him (or at least cover him in precious silk).

Haven't found the caverns yet? Make him the only dwarf with the mining labor enabled and order him to channel down 100 or so Z-levels until you hit the lava. (potential fun involved).

If goblins are a problem, why waste a dog? Chain him up outside to act as an early warning system.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2013, 07:48:23 pm »

While sending the militia sounds fun, DON'T DO IT. You will experience something called a Loyalty Cascade, which you do not want.

An "unfortunate accident" is your best bet. I'd build a lever, build a raising drawbridge that smashes the square next to the lever, build walls on all sides that aren't underneath the bridge, go in and assign the lever to the beast in question via the manager profile, and have the lever pulled on repeat. The offending dwarf should be the only one allowed to pull the lever, so he'll rush over and pull it. He will then stand in place and wait to get crushed to death under a drawbridge. Bonus points: if nobody witnesses this act, then he will never be reported as "dead", only "missing" after a week. (build him an engraved slab to prevent ghost.) Nobody will get a bad thought from his death.

This, btw, is how you deal with unwanted nobles also.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2013, 08:30:46 pm »

Burrow him in a walled area with a drawbridge outside your fort. Wait for the next siege and let him out (he'll probably be insane by that point.) If it's a full moon he'll take some enemies down with him. If it's not, problem solved anyways. Win-win.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Rogue Yun

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware of the Carp
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2013, 11:16:45 pm »

I don't like killing anyone really... though some characters can be dangerous/annoying, I usually lock them in a room with a cage trap. Once he transforms and is caught you can feed and water him till the cavy pups come home and no unhappy thoughts.

.:Simple Mood 16x16 ASCII:.
Keep it Simple. Keep it Safe.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2013, 01:36:02 am »

Man, if I had a captive werebeast like this I'd surely weaponize it. Regenerating, quarantined military? Or regenerating almost everyone, with the children quarantined to lessen their pathfinding's drain on CPU and keep the fort alive when everyone else transforms?
I wonder if captive goblins can be infected.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Sir Crashalot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2013, 01:36:45 am »

Set a burrow for them outside the fortress and let the Gobbos kill them, works for Vamps too. :)

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2013, 02:01:13 am »

Make a second, weremoles-only fortress, sealed away from your primary fortress.  Start it with just him, but toss in anyone who becomes too injured or otherwise useless to the primary fortress.  It's way more interesting than executing him, and if your first fortress gets wiped out by something, you've got a sealed backup fortress to keep it alive and do the reclaim.
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.