Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: And Dwarf Fortress never fails to surprise me.  (Read 1254 times)

Scootagoose

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill them before I do.
    • View Profile
And Dwarf Fortress never fails to surprise me.
« on: May 14, 2013, 09:59:33 pm »

So a bunch of serpent men decided to walk onto the map. I decided that last time I left something like that unchecked, it ended with two crippled cheesemakers. So I sent the military. Like usual a dwarf ran ahead and...this happened.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pretty normal. But I noticed something. someone kept lurking around him, occasionally running by the scene. I decided to check who it was...

So a dwarf's only son is watching his father getting beaten to death, slowly and painfully. His helmet only delaying the inevitable.
Unf.

Drazinononda

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm really too normal to play this game so much.`
    • View Profile
Re: And Dwarf Fortress never fails to surprise me.
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 12:10:34 am »

Ral has been quite content lately. He has been attacked recently. He has suffered major injuries recently. He has talked with his son recently.
Children you rescue shouldn't behave like rabid beasts.  I guess your regular companions shouldn't act like rabid beasts either.
I think that's a little more impossible than I'm likely to have time for.

Scootagoose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2013, 12:40:01 am »

Forgot to add the picture of the crippled dwarf's relationships

Unf.

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 02:28:55 am »

Werrl, while i don't oppose the idea of a male dwarf having a husband, that's not implemented (yet?). And i doubt such a couple would have three children together.

Ral is Shedim's _mother_, and young children always follow their mother around, even into battle.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2013, 07:49:27 am »

And i doubt such a couple would have three children together.
They could be adopted (I've never really liked children in DF, but I like the casual exposure of motherless babies even less).
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Scootagoose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2013, 02:58:32 pm »

Werrl, while i don't oppose the idea of a male dwarf having a husband, that's not implemented (yet?). And i doubt such a couple would have three children together.

Ral is Shedim's _mother_, and young children always follow their mother around, even into battle.
Huh. I noticed the gender of her spouse. Derp on my part.
Unf.