Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Slab prevent actual burial?  (Read 548 times)

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Slab prevent actual burial?
« on: May 15, 2013, 02:04:21 pm »

A caravan guard was killed near the middle of the map.  I decided not to risk retrieval and an engraved a slab in his honor.  Before placing the slab, I changed my mind.  I set my dwarves to claim refuse outside.  His corpse is no longer forbidden, but my dwarves refuse to pick the body up, though they had no problem grabbing other bodies nearby.  Is the memorial slab to blame, even though it hasn't even been placed on the ground yet?

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Slab prevent actual burial?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 02:17:43 pm »

I highly doubt the slab is to blame.  My first thought would be to double check your 'orders' are good.  They also won't pick it up if they're very busy or have no stockpile space.  I think caravan guards go into refuse stockpile instead of a corpse stockpile.  I don't think you can bury anything that doesn't go naturally into a corpse stockpile.  Sorry I've got nothing definitive.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Slab prevent actual burial?
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2013, 03:02:10 pm »

Argh, facepalm!  I didn't have enough coffins set on the ground yet.