Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Issues with installing Pheobus graphics (OSX)  (Read 794 times)

late_newb

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Issues with installing Pheobus graphics (OSX)
« on: May 12, 2013, 02:03:30 pm »

Sorry incompetent newb here.

I downloaded, the latest DF for OSX (0.34.11) and downloaded the corresponding Pheobus graphics package reportedly for that same version of DF.

I copied the Pheobus graphics into the data folder, opened the init.txt and changed graphics to "ON" and set:
[GRAPHICS_FONT:Phoebus_16x16_Diagonal.png]
[GRAPHICS_FULLFONT:Phoebus_16x16_Diagonal.png]

The game loads properly and has the Phoebus graphics, a good sign, but if one creates a new world, then the program freezes, the music keeps playing, but it looks like it was trying to flop out an "error" dialogue box but it doesn't have a box to draw, there is just a white space that interferes with other windows that is about the right size, shape, and location to be an error dialogue box.

Looking over at the terminal it has flopped out:

2013-05-12 19:53:35.742 dwarfort.exe[1562:5403] *** __NSAutoreleaseNoPool(): Object 0x2c15730 of class NSCFArray autoreleased with no pool in place - just leaking

Again and again and again, quite a large number of times before:

:/df: line 12:  1562 Killed                  ./dwarfort.exe
logout

[Process completed]

though the process wasn't really complete as the frozen screen is left in the background and the music still plays on endless repeat.

Downloading a fresh version of DF and opening it without trying to install the Pheobus graphics just flat out works, so it isn't an issue with DF and my weird OS (10.6.8) or its weird settings, it is clearly an issue with me bungling the graphics install.

I know there are few things less pleasant then wasting ones time to sort out an incompetent newb, but uh ... help?

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Issues with installing Pheobus graphics (OSX)
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 03:35:44 pm »

I would just download the preloaded Pheobus DF version. It already has Pheobus graphics installed so you don't have to install it.
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.