Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How do I look at Legends mode while in fort mode?  (Read 422 times)

Julien Brightside

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Artblog
How do I look at Legends mode while in fort mode?
« on: May 12, 2013, 04:47:10 pm »

How do I look at Legends mode while in fort mode?

Is there a way to do it without abandoning the fort?

travellersside

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How do I look at Legends mode while in fort mode?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 05:05:47 pm »

There isn't, no. However, there's a workaround.

Simply backup your save folder, then load up that fort and abandon it. Presto, both work.

Big Bear

• Bay Watcher
  • Just Right
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 08:00:12 pm »

I recommend the utility Legends Viewer : http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=72702.0

I use this utility all the time. When I start a new embark, I use it to check all the different dwarf civilizations and choose which civilization I want, as it shows me a detailed population, sites map, which gods they worship, the history of their wars, how many kings they've had, etc etc.  I can also check the history of the region I'm in, what battles have been fought there, what beasts have lived there, etc.

During game play, I check it to see the detailed history of any night creatures or mega-beasts that show up at  my fort, and sometimes to check the history behind some bizarre art work my dwarves have decorated my walls with.

All entities, civs, regions, heroic figures, etc, are hyper-linked, so you can just mouse click on a name to get the information about it. It's much easier to navigate than the normal Legends Mode.

Plus, it just looks cool.  :P  Here are some screen shots:  http://legendsviewer.imgur.com/legends_viewer

« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 08:06:39 pm by Big Bear »

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 07:48:58 am »

i can personally confirm that you can waste hours playing around with legends viewer on a single world.  I'm planning to load up the legends from my current fort, I want to see this roc that killed a billion elves and the guy that finally killed it.  Plus the dwarf vampire king of my own civ from a hundred years ago.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

Julien Brightside

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Artblog
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 11:24:55 am »

Thanks guys, that really helped me.

Now I can check out the story of my vampire queen punching forgotten beasts.