Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: DF don't work on windows 8  (Read 2150 times)

Porpoisepower

• Bay Watcher
  • For Surely he is the Cuisinart Hat Rack
    • View Profile
Re: DF don't work on windows 8
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2013, 04:23:20 pm »

Are you on Windows 8 Tablets?  or desktop/laptops?
That's what DF needs, The gutbuster brigade.  Screw that elf and his cat. Thibbledorf Pwent is the real hero.

gabandre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2013, 04:38:19 pm »

my win8 is desktop

EvilBob22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2013, 06:09:13 pm »

Just did a little research and it seems Portuguese doesn't have a neuter gendered singular pronoun, which is quite odd for a Romance language.
According to Wikipedia, this is actually pretty common.  You see a lack of gender neuter pronouns in pretty much all of the major Romance languages other than Spanish (although it doesn't talk about Romanian).
I will run the experiment to completion anyway, however. Even if the only reason why there is a punctured equilibrium in the fortress is because I have been brutally butchering babies
EDIT: I just remembered that dwarves can't equip halberds. That might explain why the squads that use them always die.

Solon64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2013, 07:19:22 pm »

I have no problems running DF on my Windows 8.  It was literally unzip and play.  If you are missing dlls, it may be because you need to update windows, most dlls that DF uses are already on Windows.

Or you might try to download DF again and unzip it again.  It is possible that the download was corrupted, bad.
PS: Seriously, you must have, like, super-getting-lost skills. You could go missing in a straight corridor and impale yourself on flat ground if I don't tell you where to go.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2013, 11:25:17 am »

Just did a little research and it seems Portuguese doesn't have a neuter gendered singular pronoun, which is quite odd for a Romance language.
According to Wikipedia, this is actually pretty common.  You see a lack of gender neuter pronouns in pretty much all of the major Romance languages other than Spanish (although it doesn't talk about Romanian).
Almost every romanic language lacks an neuter pronoun, cause the languages they speak before being conquered by roman lacks such, and because in the language of rome(latim, right?) it wasn't all that common to use neutral pronouns, romans give gender to millescaneous stuff too.

Wonderful News people!
Actually my problem wasn't about DF nor Win 8, it was an issue involving my antivírus, my sister and my luck.
DF is working and The Fortress of Masters is my 3° fort!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 06:11:59 pm by David The Master »
In a time before time, I had a name.

Xob Ludosmbax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2013, 02:47:19 pm »

Which DLL files is it complaining about? 

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2013, 05:54:10 pm »

Which DLL files is it complaining about?
The dlls it brings when we unzip it. I noticed something was wrong when it asked for "msvcm80.dll", then I proceed to ask my sister about what she was doing in the computer nad so on...

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2013, 07:13:46 pm »

Don't take my word for it, but I believe that file has something to do with running C code.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2013, 08:08:35 pm »

Don't take my word for it, but I believe that file has something to do with running C code.
I already discovered what caused my problem, and it was really simple.
Listen people of Rome!
This thread is now blocked, since it served for its porpose.
Pages: 1 [2]