Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A question that have been bugging me  (Read 399 times)

Terff

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed...
    • View Profile
    • What is the answer to this question?
A question that have been bugging me
« on: May 09, 2013, 08:45:22 pm »

Why were goblin towers and dwarven fortresses removed?  This has been bugging me for some time because I know they were present in previous releases of dwarf fortress from what I've heard, so what caused them to be removed?
I need some way to put armor on babies so I can start training them early.
Quote from: Lectorog on August 06, 2013, 03:57:45 pm

A goblin siege!?  Good we haven't had one in awhile, we are running out of new clothes

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
Re: A question that have been bugging me
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 03:03:17 am »

maybe you can find the anouncement from that far back? In any case, various parts of the game come and go when they need to be redesigned or adjusted to a new version. I do know they havn't been in DF for at least 3 years now, at least not in adventure mode, but they'll be back.

I note you don't mention forest homes. Well done
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

lazygun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2013, 05:53:51 am »

Towers, fortresses and forest retreats are supposed to reappear in the next major release. And they should be more like living settlements than the previous versions. Those were simply placeholders that had some architecture and inhabitants milling around. You couldn't do anything much except look around, talk to people about their family, and kill them if you were so inclined.

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2013, 08:33:52 am »

I think all three will be in the next release.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku