Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Starving dwars at Minecart track  (Read 441 times)

oggimog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Starving dwars at Minecart track
« on: May 09, 2013, 10:32:06 am »

Hi,

I finally decided to build a minecart track for my food supply. I am not shure what I did wrong. I think i forgot to build some track stops. But that is not my problem, I can solve this later but there are standing 3 dwarfs where the minecart is standing. It is already 100% full with drink. But all 3 dwars are simply standing there and dying of hunger and thirst. It says they would be drinking, but nothing is happening.

I tried to solve this by removing the track and forbidding the minecart, but the only thing that happened was that one of them died of hunger :/. I also checked my burrows and I also have enough drink and food elsewhere.

Please help me.

ps: I use the current Masterworks version. So it also might be that I discovered some bug.

Xinael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Starving dwars at Minecart track
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 12:51:41 pm »

You definitely forgot to build a minecart stop, in that case. I'm pretty certain dwarves can't take items out of minecarts to use them for anything, which includes drinking booze in one. To get items out of a cart, build a new stop with bCS. Set the dump direction on the stop before you construct it (the only way to change or even view this later is to deconstruct and rebuild it). Designate a new route with one stop, on top of the dumping stop you just built. Delete all the criteria from the stop, they don't matter. Set the vehicle for that route to the cart that's full of booze. They'll drag the cart to the stop and when it gets there, the contents will spill onto the floor in the direction you chose. Jackpot!

In short make sure you have a stop dumping stuff that the cart passes over at some point to get the items out of the cart. Maybe start your next experiments with carts with items that're less critical, like stones or wood :)

oggimog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Starving dwars at Minecart track
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 01:04:03 pm »

Ah, dammit, exactly what I had feared. Nevertheless, thanks for the tipp :). So I I have to hope I get the track stop up before they all die of hunger and thirst. I would not have thought that they would try to drink the stuff in the minecart.