Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Baby medical care  (Read 460 times)

Rustydwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Baby medical care
« on: May 08, 2013, 02:49:11 am »

Quick question Dorfs.
Can babies be sent to the hospital, treated and then returned to their parent(s)?
Because it seemed that the baby had to grow to become a child, before treatment; in my fort.
This lead to borderline FUN, in my most successful fortress yet.
Thanks in advance for answers! :D

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Baby medical care
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 04:13:20 am »

As far as i can tell, babies will never be treated in the hospital, because they cannot take any jobs at all - including 'resting injury', which is the requirement for being taken to bed and treated. This even holds when a baby is separated from its mother. I had an orphan baby crawling (critically dehydrated) through the meeting hall with a broken arm right until his first birthday. At that point he instantly went to rest and was taken to the hospital, watered and treated.

Rustydwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 04:35:08 am »

As far as i can tell, babies will never be treated in the hospital, because they cannot take any jobs at all - including 'resting injury', which is the requirement for being taken to bed and treated. This even holds when a baby is separated from its mother. I had an orphan baby crawling (critically dehydrated) through the meeting hall with a broken arm right until his first birthday. At that point he instantly went to rest and was taken to the hospital, watered and treated.

This is similar to what happened to about two of my babies. Thanks for the help too.

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2013, 07:46:33 am »

Has my baroness get hurt in a cavein.  The baby got hurt too.  The baby couldn't nurse because the mother was in the hospital.  Baby began getting dehydrated.  Baroness left hospital, grabbed baby, all was well.  The next year the baby became a child, and promptly went to the hospital and recieved a crutch for a wounded foot from the original cavei-in.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku