Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Scrapping leather/cloth/silk  (Read 1529 times)

louismoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Scrapping leather/cloth/silk
« on: May 08, 2013, 11:08:01 am »

What is really annoying is that I have hundreds of bins of tattered clothing and leather armour from the numerous goblin invasions and dwarves disposing of their clothing. My queen has banned the export of leather armour. What would be really great is if I could basically rip it up and use it for making new clothes or quivers and waterskins. This function already exists for melting metal objects so I'm sure it could be done for the rest.

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
Re: Scrapping leather/cloth/silk
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 11:38:50 am »

Making clothes by sewing tatters together? This is an insult to craftsdwarfship!
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

ajr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 11:40:29 am »

Boo to this whole idea. It has been on my mind too, but in a different light. Not that it matters

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 01:37:51 am »

I don't see why you'd want to when leather and cloth are so easy to obtain. Burning them for ash would be more useful.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2013, 06:48:39 am »

Cloth scraps have been historically used to make paper, so there's that too.

louismoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2013, 02:17:52 pm »

I don't see why you'd want to when leather and cloth are so easy to obtain. Burning them for ash would be more useful.

Thats not the only reason, its just a useful option for getting rid of tattered clothing and crappy leather armour which is piling up from the goblins.

CaptainLambcake

• Bay Watcher
  • fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2013, 09:46:44 pm »

i don't see why not?
You wake up in (suddenly) your room not somewhere Armok knows where. Travels in deserts and goblin forests turned up to be a dreams borned by procreation of your autistic imagination.