Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: darkfall unholy wars  (Read 1423 times)

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
darkfall unholy wars
« on: January 11, 2013, 08:03:35 am »

Soo darkfall is getting remade, the new game looks good but I really dont know if its worth it. its expensive so really would like a second - third opinion.

so here is the description of darkfall unholy wars:

Become a Legend

When you play Darkfall, you take part in a constantly evolving, world-spanning storyline. Your reputation will precede you and your fame will grow through clan victories and individual achievements. Whether you’re a fearless fighter, a respected leader, a persuasive politician, or a skilled artisan, you will get the recognition you deserve. Master your Role!

Epic World

Enjoy the largest seamless, zone-less and non-instanced MMORPG world ever created. Explore five continents, countless small islands, trackless underwater depths, and a sprawling underworld. Hundreds of dungeons and adventure areas await. It takes many hours to simply travel from one end of the world to the other.
Epic World!

Visceral Battles

Every victory comes at a price! Engage in some of the bloodiest and fiercest battles where hundreds of warriors spill their blood to conquer the lands of Agon. Face the challenge and survive!

Play it your Way

Darkfall Unholy Wars is a fast-paced, PvP MMORPG. Players are called to form clans and battle for dominance across the fantasy world of Agon. Discover the many features designed to help you learn of the world and adventure that awaits you!

Conquer Empires

The only game able to offer truly epic siege warfare and battles on a truly staggering scale. Build a naval fleet and face off against rival clans in hundreds strong sea battles or train your clan-members to fight as cavalry and descend upon your foes cities like a storm of steel and magic! Darkfall Unholy Wars offers the largest scale combat you will ever try to live through!

Forge Ahead

A deep and intricate crafting system allows you to truly immerse yourself in and customize the world you want to play in! Whether you craft unique designs into your weapons, raise wondrous city structures or infuse your armors with powerful magics, you will be able to forge a truly unique game experience!

anyone bought into unholy wars ? im not sure it really sounds good, i like the idea of hard core no holds barred PVP
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: darkfall unholy wars
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 08:14:58 am »

After getting burned I'm not touching this even with a chemically sealed suit.

Maybe if they ever fill out the game with something besides PvP and horrible grind-focused PvE, and fights were actually playable in large numbers, and people were giving it their approval left and right THEN I'd consider looking at it again but... I'm seriously doubtful that will ever happen.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 08:18:48 am »

It is technically in Beta right now and it has some typical issues like lag and such. PVE has been revamped and improved and ideally characters can no longer be masters of everything. The idea is that everyone specializes and is a unique snowflake but the reality is most competitive players turn everything into metagame and will only choose the one most effective build.
I like the game but unless it gets 10,000 active players it isn't going to be a contender for me.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Mookzen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 09:23:20 am »

There is potential of course, however the company behind the game has a good record of not getting their shit together, to say the least.

Trollheiming

• Bay Watcher
  • I do. I really do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 09:36:15 am »

Well, it does produce something eventually. And that something is more or less what was on the tin. I played this at launch, eons ago when the earth was young, and it was pretty diverting as an open-PvP full-loot system, but the grinding of skills was horrendous and made me quit. I spent most of my time swimming in the ocean for gains.

At any rate, people should buy this product, because it's from a Greek developer. Considering the parlous state of the economies in Southern Europe, this may well account for one half of Greece's GDP in 2013. If you don't buy, the Euro will be destroyed. You don't want that, do you?

postal83

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2013, 04:20:08 pm »

Necro?

Anyways, just seeing what people think about this?  A couple friends of mine have been playing it and it seems just "alright".   Just curious if anyone on Bay12 have checked it out and what their thoughts are?  I'm a little hesitant after the steaming pile of doo-doo it's predecessor was..

Baijiu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2013, 04:32:26 pm »

I've been supporting this game for awhile... Since the original Darkfall's beta. I liked the developer's vision, but the game itself kinda sucked. This new darkfall matches the developer's vision more and so it's been fun to play. The prowess system is something I'm loving so far.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2013, 05:13:21 pm »

Is it worth playing ? I'm still sort of sitting on the fence about it
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Therolyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2013, 09:15:53 pm »

It would take me quite a lot to get me to play Darkfall again. While I did enjoy the small amount of time I did play when nearby people weren't being arses (I fall firmly on the noob side of PvP in any game, so I always suffer) I don't think I could get back into it. It remains my most strange experience of gaming, being the only game where I only played once for a very long (12 hours or more) session, but never played it again afterwards.

yarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2013, 05:57:13 am »

Friend of mine convinced me to buy this game and what can I say

It's awesome. Wow.

Sure, it's a little rough around the edges, the client crashes every now and then (not THAT often tho) and the UI is really awkward (Toady's secret project? :D). The graphics aren't top notch either, but who really cares here :D

The constant feel of danger once you leave the safe zone is awesome :D

After playing for 2 days now I feel slightly addicted :(

Mookzen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2013, 08:07:41 am »

I am playing it atm, devs have made some good choices in terms of direction recently, game is unlike any other, shit feels alive.