Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Couple of questions  (Read 1428 times)

Dorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Couple of questions
« on: May 26, 2014, 07:36:58 am »

Hi Guys,

Whilst playing through Masterwork DF as Dwarves I've encountered a few things and can't seem to find conclusive answers whilst googling - so I thought I'd try to access the large information of people here!

• How can you tell a pet is engraved? I've just engraved some of my pets but I don't know which ones are (if it is a mass engrave like it was for armoring)
  • Does the quality of the material for magic weapons matter? (I am assuming yes but wanted to clarify)
  • How long do potions from plants work? (i.e. - to have an immortal fortress with Youth Potions how many
  • The most recent download of masterwork doesn't seem to have auto-melt for storage locations, when I copied the most recent plug-in version I get some errors and all of the UI plugins that I copied stopped working (assuming compatibility issue). Anyone know how to get auto-melt in the latest Masterwork DF?

Thanks for any help or guidance!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Couple of questions
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2014, 07:46:10 am »

1. It should have a "(engraved)" behind its name. But not sure, I would have to check that.
2. Not more or less than for any other item.
3. Usually 5000 ticks, ~1 ingame week, but the immortality one for example lasts forever.
4. You used the dfhack r3 plugins, but MDF uses dfhack r4. It might not include auto-melt yet.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Dorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2014, 08:32:43 am »

Thanks for the answers Meph!

• I haven't seen this occur anywhere but can try it out a bit more!
  • Makes sense thanks
  • So if I had for instance 200 youth potions & 200 cap, realistically I should only expect death from natural dwarf curiosity (read stupidity)
  • O I thought it was using r3 - I think there are some beta r4 hanging around, will try it out, thanks!

By the way, I was going to suggest to include a dfhack.init file with digging invaders already hashed out as if I don't do this I experience a lot of crashes - googling tells me this is a common problem.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2014, 09:00:22 am »

O I thought it was using r3 - I think there are some beta r4 hanging around, will try it out, thanks!

Only r3 has been released with crash-fix for auto-melt, r4 is buggy at the moment and will cause crashes, I think that's the reason it's missing.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 09:02:22 am by fricy »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2014, 09:04:21 am »

The reason its missing is probably that I havent been around much the last 3 months.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Dorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2014, 09:04:42 am »

O I thought it was using r3 - I think there are some beta r4 hanging around, will try it out, thanks!

Only r3 has been released with crash-fix for auto-melt, r4 is buggy at the moment and will cause crashes, I think that's the reason it's missing.

OK - I've put the auto-melt in and will watch to see if it crashes, will remove if it does. Thanks for the heads up.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2014, 09:06:23 am »

Could you please report back if it does not crash, and post the download link to Auto-Melt r4 please? I will add it into the mod proper then. :)

Dorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2014, 09:23:27 am »

Download Link
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8166

Will report back if I don't experience any crashes today (not sure how much testing would be satisfactory).

Also I've only put on the auto-melt (wanted to use to level up my armorer :D)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2014, 09:25:44 am »

Strange.

Last Updated: Feb 05, 2014

The file you posted is way older then my last mod update, so the r4 automelt should be included already. (?)

Dorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2014, 09:30:11 am »

It does say in the link that the versions that come with r4 are out of date - might be because of that?

Dorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2014, 01:06:43 pm »

Well it did work for 4 hours or so but I did experience a crash now - so seems a crash might still occur (although infrequently)