Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dfterm2 woes  (Read 510 times)

DizzyFoxkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dfterm2 woes
« on: May 03, 2013, 06:36:57 pm »

I realize that Dfterm2 is no longer in development but I'm going to just toss the line out and fish.

I installed dfterm2 earlier this week and got it set up just dandy. I'm having trouble actually launching DF from dfterm2. I can set up the game slot just fine. (I'll triple check that I have it set up correctly. Since it's possible it's just an user error.) I get this error
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Does dfterm2 work with DF0.34.1?
If dfterm2 DOES work with DF0.34.1, does the entire program need to be compiled from source? Or is there a checksum I can put into the config file?
Thanks in advance.

(If this is not the right place to put this post, please tell me and I will ask for it to be moved.)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dfterm2 woes
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 09:03:08 pm »

First, what is Dfterm2? I've never heard of it. Second, you can move topics yourself, but it doesn't really matter in this case.

If Dfterm is something made for a version older than 0.34.1(do you mean 0.34.01 or .11?), then it's likely not going to work.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

DizzyFoxkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dfterm2 woes
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 10:19:03 pm »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=50643.0 : Dfterm2 link.
It's a program to allow multiple people to "hotseat" one session of DwarfFortress. It's essentially a jury rigged way of getting multiplayer onto DF. Development stopped at 32.4
I meant 0.34.11, my apologies.

Edit: I think I found my solution. My apologies for thinking the thread was dead because development stopped....
Edit2: nope, back to square one.
Edit3: Fixed it. My apologies
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 10:57:23 pm by DizzyFoxkit »