Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Religon  (Read 803 times)

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Religon
« on: April 29, 2013, 04:05:48 pm »

I had this idea for religon. Obviously, there would be altars, but if you have ardent worshippers of gods with opposing spheres, you get fights. If you have friends who worship gods with opposing spheres, the one with higher social skills will reduce the other ones wordhip level casual-duboius and gain in his(or her, i 'm using his for simplicity) worship level. and then you get a tantrum  if a temple is desecrated and priests

CaptainLambcake

• Bay Watcher
  • fabulous
    • View Profile
Re: Religon
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 06:00:59 pm »

did you even search
You wake up in (suddenly) your room not somewhere Armok knows where. Travels in deserts and goblin forests turned up to be a dreams borned by procreation of your autistic imagination.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 06:55:25 pm »

Not really, i don't like necroing

Nyan Thousand

• Bay Watcher
  • It's exactly nyan thousand!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2013, 07:05:42 pm »

assasin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2013, 10:45:02 pm »

I don't like necroing either. I really don't mind the clutter. But its obvious the forum disagrees. I believe the logic behind the rule is that posting a new topic would be be fine if your suggestion is new and unique. Theres no point in necroing an old thread if what you're saying does not add to a discussion in that thread. That'd just derail it. But at least three quarters of religion suggestions that I've seen include altars and relationships between worshippers of different gods. If you want to state your opinion on those topics then you should necro an old thread. If you've got something new to suggest make a new thread.

BirdBrainf4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2013, 08:00:39 am »

I don't like necroing either. I really don't mind the clutter. But its obvious the forum disagrees. I believe the logic behind the rule is that posting a new topic would be be fine if your suggestion is new and unique. Theres no point in necroing an old thread if what you're saying does not add to a discussion in that thread. That'd just derail it. But at least three quarters of religion suggestions that I've seen include altars and relationships between worshippers of different gods. If you want to state your opinion on those topics then you should necro an old thread. If you've got something new to suggest make a new thread.

Thank you for stating that, sometimes I find people get BENT over the necroing issue.  What should be more important is INVITING people into the discussion so they can learn the game, and then help them learn forum etiquette once they are in.  Just always seems rude for people to automatically say "Oh no, not another necro" when people are genuinely trying to learn the game and may have missed something someone else stated previously.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2013, 04:37:38 am »

There's the big grey rule thingy at the top, which should be rather hard to miss.

•Search for an existing thread. If you find a thread similar to your idea, you can bump it to expand on the suggestion, even if the thread is old.  However, please do not bump threads just to show support.
Suprisingly, it isn't.

louismoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2013, 07:13:12 am »

Religion*