Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New player needing some help  (Read 306 times)

Gasilly

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
New player needing some help
« on: April 26, 2013, 08:06:35 am »

So a few months ago i was shown this game by a friend and ive been attached ever sense, ive finally learned enough to bring up a minor fort without every dwarf dieing of starvation goblins ETC but as of late ive had some issues with stairs, ive found that i cant remove down stairs and if i remove a new staircase below up/down stairs i cant put any back leading to several useless staircases, is there anyway to fix this? Its not a major problem but it would be nice to know for any projects i embark on with my dorfs.

Jenniretta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New player needing some help
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 08:16:00 am »

To remove a set of downward stairs, use the C[ h]annel [d ]esignation, which will make a hole where the stairs were.
To replace a dug-out sec of Stairs you need to go to [b ]uild -> [C ]onstruction Then whatever type of stairs you are trying to build, you can't dig stairs out of nothing, they need to be built from some sort of material.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 09:22:31 am by Jenniretta »

joeclark77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 09:00:19 am »

Better do that with parentheses, or the forum thinks you're trying to make something bold.

The command you need is (b)uild -> (c)onstruction and you can build whatever type of stair you want.

Jenniretta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 09:23:04 am »

Better do that with parentheses, or the forum thinks you're trying to make something bold.

The command you need is (b)uild -> (c)onstruction and you can build whatever type of stair you want.

Ah thanks, forgot to preview it and didn't think of it, should be fixed now (thanks to spaces)