Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lost and Found of the Emperor: LaFotM Only War!  (Read 1413 times)

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
Lost and Found of the Emperor: LaFotM Only War!
« on: May 14, 2013, 02:18:30 pm »

Therith 6th 45 AR
The damn Revans sent us out to middle of this Throne-blasted desert. Something about “A library full of lost knowledge!” or some shit. If I had a Faller for every time the ‘Gaunts sent us on some wild goose chase I’d be a rich man. Anyways we set up a sheltered camp under a rocky out cropping. Wouldn’t do for one of those Cutebold workers to get drunk one night and become a perforated mess. I still can’t get the needles out of my gear. The eggheads have managed to get inside the thing and discovered a large chamber. Apparently there are glyphs everywhere showing some sort of lizard creatures or some shit. Something about this being a gateway between two worlds, the world of men and the world of gods. Bah, sounds like some stupid tribal shit to me. Wait; the egg heads just reported that they found a second chamber. We gotta go in and check it out first. Wish me luck Journal; I hope I get home to Juila safe.
Rolick Cain.

Rolick stepped outside his tent and walked through the protected walkway to the pyramid. He could hear the steady patter of needles hitting the top of the glass structure. His men were already taking positions around the supposed entrance to the next chamber as he walked in.  He nodded to Zarsk, his elven Sergant, and checked his lasgun. “All right, set up the charges and cover the door.” The Guardsmen took up positions behind various pieces of rubble while his demolitions expert Karh strapped on the melta charge. He quickly ducked behind cover as the charge exploded, sending bits of masonry everywhere. The Guardsmen watched the hole as the dust settled. Just as Rolick was about to send his men in he saw a pair of yellow eyes that was complimented by a growl. It was followed by what seemed like a thousand others as the Lost of the Nameless City poured out to attack the warm bloods that had desecrated their tombs. 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alright, I am going to be doing a squeal to Lost and Found of the Mulitverse using the Only War system. It is set 45 years after the events of the first game, the entire world ending thing notwithstanding. You are the sons and daughters of the soldiers who helped the main party overthrow King Thomas and start the Republic of the Lost, a coalition of various states that make up New Terra as Consul Angerus calls it. Your parents helped set up the Imperial Guardsmen in the New Imperium, the state under the rule of Angerus Temperon and the de-facto capital of the Republic. Your job is to safeguard the Republic and stop those who would try to destroy it. Recently there has been rumoers of trouble in the far West, past Van Neilis Reborn and the 'Urple Confedracy, and you have been sent to check it out.

We have three options for playing this game
A) Play-by-post: 2
B) IRC:
C) Map tools and Skype: 1.5

I have the core book and I bet one of those fancy character creation sheet sites has a Only War sheet so get on it! PM me if you have any questions.

One last thing: I'm adding two Knowledge's and one Skill

Knowledge (The Lost and Found)
Knowledge (Magic)

Magic(insert various subtypes)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 05:12:45 pm by mcclay »
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
Re: Lost and Found of the Emperor: LaFotM Only War!
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 02:21:18 pm »

I wish to join.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 02:29:33 pm »

Players
-------------
OREOSOME

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 02:29:38 pm »

Not joining, although I want to see how this goes.

Would this be rendered AU if Vorth's LaFOTM v3 ever comes to fruition?

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 02:30:08 pm »

Tentively IN. The system seems simple enough so i should be able to learn it quickly. I'm all for option A and 1/2 for option C.

Edit: Scratch that, I don't think i should play unless i know what i'm doing.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 02:35:01 pm by RangerCado »
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2013, 02:30:51 pm »

Not joining, although I want to see how this goes.

Would this be rendered AU if Vorth's LaFOTM v3 ever comes to fruition?
Probably, or he could set it in the same timeline. Either during or after would work with what I have planned.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2013, 02:37:20 pm »

I was thinking of doing another LaFOTM RP, semi-free form, taking place alongside this one and occasionally crossing over. Trouble being I don't know what I'm doing at all.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2013, 02:38:57 pm »

I'm starting to create my character. Also, I'm okay with both A and C
EDIT: And now the document isn't saving the edited sections along with the original parts.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 03:41:55 pm by OREOSOME »
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2013, 05:13:23 pm »

Tentively IN. The system seems simple enough so i should be able to learn it quickly. I'm all for option A and 1/2 for option C.

Edit: Scratch that, I don't think i should play unless i know what i'm doing.
Only War isn't that hard to learn. Have you ever played any other 40k RPGs?

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2013, 09:17:03 pm »

Seriously though, if you played LaFotM you should like this. I will try to keep the same feel while adding somethings of my own.