Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: dwarves dog piling when collecting sand and clay  (Read 1317 times)

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: dwarves dog piling when collecting sand and clay
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2013, 01:47:33 pm »

@catsup: what they mean is: make the collection and melting workshop the same workshop.
for each glass workshop:
1 gather sand, repeat.
1 make green glass, repeat.

This is a masterwork ledger.  It contains 3719356 pages on the topic of the precise number and location of stones in Spindlybrooks.  In the text, the dwarves are hauling.
"And here is where we get the undead unicorns. Stop looking at me that way, you should have seen the zombie deer running around last week!"

Catsup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2013, 06:11:30 pm »

this doesnt work because i require the glass products to be masterworks, so only my legendary glassmaker is allowed to actually make any glass items.

Perroquet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2013, 02:54:08 am »

I think the best solution is to define for each workshop a profile.

For workshop 1 with collecting order you define 2 haulers by name. For this haulers you define a burrow with sand collect zone 1.
For workshop 2 with collecting order you define 2 haulers by name. For this haulers you define a burrow with sand collect zone 2.
If you use burrows in general, you will exclude the collecting zone from the main burrow. Than you define for each 1x1 collecting zone a new burrow and you add this burrow according the workshop profiles. This way costs you only 2 minutes to set up.

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2013, 12:47:56 am »

Well then...
Place the glass workshop right next to the sand.
Place a charcoal stockpile next to the workshop.
Start chopping trees to P.O the elves and keep it supplied with fuel.

Alternatively, assign each glass shop to a unique dwarf, and put up with non-masterwork glass for 5 or 6 years.  hope your fps is decent, you may need to add two new stockpiles to split the masterwork glass from the non-masterwork glass.
This is a masterwork ledger.  It contains 3719356 pages on the topic of the precise number and location of stones in Spindlybrooks.  In the text, the dwarves are hauling.
"And here is where we get the undead unicorns. Stop looking at me that way, you should have seen the zombie deer running around last week!"

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2013, 04:57:26 am »

And trade all the non-masterwork glass items for sand-bags?

(Very tempted to pare fractalman's message down to just "Start chopping trees to P.O the elves", but that would be too obvious.  Luckily I had something else to say.  Not much, but something.)
Pages: 1 [2]