Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: tilesets  (Read 523 times)

Jayfrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
tilesets
« on: February 24, 2008, 11:41:00 am »

im not sure if this should go here or in the "modding" forum but here goes,

since the latest update my tileset won't work anymore does anyone know any good tilesets they can link me to?

My child got ripped to shreds by invading goblins, which caused my wife to go mad and was shot down by the town guard for attacking the brewer and they both rotted before my eyes....

But dayyumm my room looks nice

Mood: Fine

Romantic Warrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: tilesets
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 02:53:00 pm »

Have you checked your init file to make sure it still points to the tileset image?
Dwarf Fortress and the Abstract Truth.

Jayfrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 03:14:00 pm »

Yeh ive re done all that and it goes well i tihnk I seem t oahve trouble loading though because its and inported region file..
My child got ripped to shreds by invading goblins, which caused my wife to go mad and was shot down by the town guard for attacking the brewer and they both rotted before my eyes....

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 07:09:00 pm »

There is more then the init.txt file involved, if I remember correctly.
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Romantic Warrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2008, 07:24:00 pm »

jay: Did you do a clean install or just replace the old folder? Regions shouldn't have anything to do with the tileset.

quote:
Originally posted by Kogan Loloklam:
<STRONG>There is more then the init.txt file involved, if I remember correctly.</STRONG>

That's only for a graphics set. For a standard tileset, you just have to specify the right file and, if necessary, change DF's resolution.

Jayfrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2008, 09:30:00 pm »

in installed the file new... should i have updateed ? and how?
and for some reason its using a tileset that different fro mthe one it used in the older version and also i indeed know this did start out just asking for any working tilesets but i seem to now have loading problems...

Romantic Warrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2008, 09:40:00 pm »

If you install a new version to the same folder, just overwriting files, it can cause errors. Here's what I suggest:

Install DF in a new folder, NOT the old one. Copy the tileset picture to the art folder. Update your init file, manually. Do NOT replace it with your old one. If that doesn't make things work... sorry and good luck, I'm outta ideas.

Jayfrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2008, 05:04:00 pm »

Thats what i did :P