Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Music implementation ideas.  (Read 6998 times)

Niyazov

• Bay Watcher
  • shovel them under and let me work - I am the grass
    • View Profile
Re: Music implementation ideas.
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2012, 10:19:46 am »

And next is ... randomly generated music. Player hearable.
In a particularly DF way though.

Some ideas on this:
  • Future music of a civ might be made somewhat similar to the early songs of a civ. So, a way to develop culture. A little bit.
  • Songs can spread throughout the world by way of traders, diplomats, etc. (maybe even invading armies).
  • Dwarves with lower musicality skill might make mistakes on songs, i.e. randomly generated errors in the playing. Legendary = mistake-free.
  • Adventure mode gets musicality too. Introducing ... dwarven busking.
So do you think these ideas rock? Suck? Deserve their own thread (possibly for making fun of the idea)? Deserve to be necro'd (no not literally)? Feedback would be appreciated.

that reminds me of another planned feature: procedurally generated romantic dwarf poetry

ObeseHelmet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2012, 03:57:09 pm »

Some ideas on this:
  • Future music of a civ might be made somewhat similar to the early songs of a civ. So, a way to develop culture. A little bit.
  • Songs can spread throughout the world by way of traders, diplomats, etc. (maybe even invading armies).
  • Dwarves with lower musicality skill might make mistakes on songs, i.e. randomly generated errors in the playing. Legendary = mistake-free.
So do you think these ideas rock? Suck? Deserve their own thread (possibly for making fun of the idea)? Deserve to be necro'd (no not literally)? Feedback would be appreciated.

that reminds me of another planned feature: procedurally generated romantic dwarf poetry

Oh jesus, now the dwarves are even getting sentimental. What next? Will they (cue blasphemy...) become good parents?!

Rather then randomly generated music, how about a way that you can add your own music to the raws?
And when you have dwarfs play it, you hear it instead of the standard fortress music.

And yeah, maybe that could be another feature. Good idea.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 03:59:50 pm by ObeseHelmet »

judegraves7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2012, 09:02:39 pm »

Some ideas on this:

Oh jesus, now the dwarves are even getting sentimental. What next? Will they (cue blasphemy...) become good parents?!

Rather then randomly generated music, how about a way that you can add your own music to the raws?
And when you have dwarfs play it, you hear it instead of the standard fortress music.

Good parents don't let their young dwarves listen to rock instruments, like the Adept Harpist with her *<<-granite harp->>* and such.

Niyazov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2012, 09:24:03 pm »

Some ideas on this:

Good parents don't let their young dwarves listen to rock instruments, like the Adept Harpist with her *<<-granite harp->>* and such.

adamantine- the only true "death metal"

judegraves7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2012, 09:39:02 pm »

Niyazov just won this thread.

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2012, 08:52:34 am »

\m/

Niyazov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2012, 12:58:14 pm »

\m/

I really liked The Good Earth. What did you think of it?

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2012, 03:53:11 am »

\m/

I really liked The Good Earth. What did you think of it?

I sent you a PM so as to save readers of this thread from exasperation and accidental knowledge accrual.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2013, 04:31:04 pm »

I demand a collection of fanmade music, in all genres, to be played when certain conditions are met. Also, Golems should be used for electronic music. On a less serious note, music should have as much overlap as humanly possible. From humming to education to speeches. It would be excellent if the ambient music changed while you were playing. Jesus Swordfighting Christ, that's a game unto itself. Every event that happens, every choice you make, set to tune, the ballad of your fort for you to remember them by. The death metal can be reserved for boatmurdered.  With retiring forts, you could even use it as a yardstick of what happened while you were gone. And that's a thread unto itself!
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur
Pages: 1 2 [3]