Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Goblin catering service  (Read 924 times)

TheDoomed

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Goblin catering service
« on: April 25, 2013, 03:24:12 pm »

A large gobbo tour bus dropped 15 or so war cave dragons, 8 toads and a couple of rats along with their playmates on my doorstep.  My 2 squads of assorted lords greeted them, 1 forgot to wear his metal pants and was killed by embarassment, I think.  The rest of my host ground the visitors up quickly, leaving me with an ethical problem.  I had only 5 butcher shops available, and with all the goblinite hauling I was unable to harvest all the corpses before they rotted.  5 perfectly good dragons went to waste, along with 2 toads.  What will Armok demand as pennance?

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Goblin catering service
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 04:17:28 pm »

A dwarf must be dropped upon the next elf caravan/attack.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 04:31:03 pm »

You must catch a herd of elfs, and you must make an elf shotgun through a magmafall so that you can set the next goblins on fire.

Or you must make a glorious cascade of burning elfs to fall upon some annoying noble, and you must have shifty eyes and call it an unfortunate accident.

Geldrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2013, 04:31:22 pm »

Forbid all corpses, ammo and laundry except those delicious dragons, then designate a corpse stockpile next to your butcher shop (which may accept only dragon corpses), so hopefully you can collect that precious meat before they go bad.

Quote from: Eotyrannus
You must catch a herd of elfs, and you must make an elf shotgun through a magmafall so that you can set the next goblins on fire.
This... is a glorious idea. :o
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 04:33:07 pm by Geldrin »

Catsup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2013, 04:47:11 pm »

i have 6 butcher shops and a exclusive stock pile that takes food from them so there is always dwarves to haul food. All my dwarves have the butchering labor enabled as well as food and refuse hauling. I havent had any wasted meat yet, and i've butchered 2 seasons worth of sieges at once one time since i use mass cages and pit them all into a 1x1 spike pit at once.

on another note it may be worth it to keep those dragons alive, using cage traps instead of sending your military. A invader male dragon can breed with a tamed wild female dragon if you have it chained or pitted and walled off somewhere. Live dragons are also quite fearsome weapons, and if you have evil weather in your embark then you can weaponize them into immortal husks that are aggressive to all invaders and uninvited guesses except undead. They will also cause a loyalty cascade for goblin invaders if attacked by them.