Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Burning Dwarves  (Read 480 times)

Grumnar

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Burning Dwarves
« on: March 09, 2007, 12:59:00 pm »

I have a serious problem of Dwarves on fire. (sounds like a songtitle ^^) One got in contact with the magma while I was building a channel to the Chasm (yes, I use floodgates, but due to a miscalculation I had to make a small channel of 1 space from the magma to the floodgate so that it didn't burn down the whole of my fortress), and lit another one. Now their both dead, but there still is alot of smoke. And now I see another dwarf running around burning.

Now my question is: In how many ways can you lit a dwarf? Cause I don't think that the 3rd one got a swim in the magma... Something with smoke? I searched the whole DF-wiki but I couldn't find it.

Thanks in advance

Shador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Burning Dwarves
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 01:27:00 pm »

Maybe the third one tried to loot the corpses, and didn't notice his new clothes were on fire until it was too late?

TomTheHand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2007, 02:08:00 pm »

I've had some issues with that.  Someone got burned, and when dwarves came by to strip the corpse and put the good stuff into the stockpile, all the stockpile goods caught fire.  The bins they were in burned up too.  And then some noble snatched some clothing that looked nice, superficially, but was in fact burning, and managed to set his bed on fire with it.  Now he's complaining that his bedroom requirement is unfulfilled.  Well whose fault is that, jerk?

Solara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2007, 02:23:00 pm »

Yeah, fire's obviously not completely implemented yet (or at least reliable ways to deal with fire aren't available) and one burning dwarf/animal/item can easily be the death of your fortress.

Or have you not heard of the legendary Boatmurdered?  ;)  http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?postid=322810479