Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Legends Carved In Steel  (Read 591 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Legends Carved In Steel
« on: April 12, 2013, 11:38:36 pm »

The end of the world happened quickly.
Desperate for resources, the world united under one goal. That goal was to conquer space. It took years, but we eventually found somewhere to expand to, a garden world much like our own. We sent as many people there as we could and named it New Terra. Soon we had a bustling planet, and we were expanding the Final Frontier as fast as we could. At the height of the Republic of Interstellar Colonies' power, there were dozens of worlds with large human populations. Then, in an instant, it was all gone. A shockwave resonated from the core of each planet in the galaxy. Wherever it touched, all life of sufficient intelligence was destroyed. The remnants of civilization were all that was left of us.
You heard the screams of the shockwave's approach. Then your surroundings dissolved away. You find yourself You find yourself in a circular courtyard, in front of a large ancient structure of unknown origin. The planet seems to be habitable, and is covered in wilderness. What will you do in this new world?

Alright, so the idea here is to run a serious RP set in the post-apocalypse future, after the only evidence of the apocalypse is the ruined marks of civilization. You are pilots, and you accomplish objectives both on foot and using your mech. The framework is tailored to your choices of character, to allow for greater creative freedom, so comment if you'd like to make changes. Remember, this is serious roleplaying, so make sure you put some thought and story into your character. The best applications will be selected to take part in the game.

Roll 4d6 and take the three highest for your stats. Modifiers as per D&D rules.
For the mech stats, use +, -, and =, with a maximum modifier of 4.
Spoiler: Suggested Application (click to show/hide)
I'm probably going to do some modifications to this tomorrow, but is anyone interested? Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 11:58:47 pm by Remuthra »

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Carved In Steel
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 01:33:05 am »

PTW.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.