Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Starting  (Read 641 times)

lemonjuice83

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Adventure Mode Starting
« on: April 11, 2013, 10:19:31 pm »

Does anybody out there in dwarf fortress land know of any good mods that allow more adventure mode starting customization? What I mean is, awhile back, I had found a mod which allowed one to start as a werewolf and could transform at will. Does anybody know of the mod I speak and perhaps know how I could start as a werecreature, necromancer, husk, or vampire?

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Starting
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 11:00:33 pm »

For utmost flexibility, you will want to learn how to mod yourself.

But otherwise, here are some mods to get you started:
Fear The Night (1.4.1) - More semi/megabeasts and interaction curses. Allows you to become a lich, werecreature, vampire and more.
Wanderer's Friend - Reactions and advcrafting

There are other adventure-related features in most of the major mods.

Prominent examples include Fortbent, Masterwork and deon's Fallout mod.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

lemonjuice83

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 11:09:51 pm »

Ah, I have both installed but this does not solve my problem. What I am trying to do is adjust adventurer starting options. So for example, i remember from said mod who's name eludes me that by adjusting one's gender, one was able to choose werewolf male and female, and I would like to be able to do that with several werecreature types and vampirism or husk/thrall, apologies for being noobish and/or stubborn   :D
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 11:15:51 pm by lemonjuice83 »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 11:28:08 pm »

Ah, I have both installed but this does not solve my problem. What I am trying to do is adjust adventurer starting options. So for example, i remember from said mod who's name eludes me that by adjusting one's gender, one was able to choose werewolf male and female, and I would like to be able to do that with several werecreature types and vampirism or husk/thrall, apologies for being noobish and/or stubborn   :D

Genesis mod has classes, so that could help. What you want is a "night creature" creature that has werewolf, vampire etc. castes.