Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]

Author Topic: Torchlight 2  (Read 74231 times)

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Torchlight 2
« Reply #300 on: May 15, 2013, 09:13:40 am »

I decided to start over with an engineer as well. I'm not sure if I accidentally selected normal or something, but I am having a way easier time than I did on my embermage. Between aegis and charge reconstruction I am way more tanky; I had even started it with the intention of going shield, because survival was always a problem on my embermage (even with ice phase and zoomy allowing me to teleport much farther than in the base game), but that turned out to be not a problem so now I'm being smashy smashy. Had a small trouble with mana but a couple of +mana regen items or +mana on hit weapons fixed that. And I don't know how much damage compares but I think I kill faster since I'm not spending 50% of my time casting one attack then porting away from hero enemy, like a sissy.

I don't know if I was playing my embermage wrong or something but I'm liking engineer more. Abilities feel less frustrating to use; overall, a much smoother experience. (Tangentrant: arc beam is absurdly pitiful compared to its TL1 variant. Why put a knockback on top of its extremely short range?)

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 15, 2013, 09:52:27 am »

Well despite the abilities, a melee Engineer seems to fit the traditional role of (shield+weapon/2-hand weapon) Fighter from most other RPGs.

I just restarted as a Cannoneer engineer. Sinking points in focus turned out to be a mistake it seems, plus all the useless skills I chose for that build, I didn't feel like trying to cheat/mod respec.

Ameablable

• Bay Watcher
  • Amy Bull Able
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: May 15, 2013, 12:22:55 pm »

i just got this game on the weekend. By god its fun.

the graphics really remind me of Fable (the first one)

So any tips for what i should focus on as an Engineer?
should i stick to big weapons or should i change it up?

i got a ferret pet and named him daxter :D

ragnar119

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 15, 2013, 01:04:25 pm »

i just got this game on the weekend. By god its fun.

the graphics really remind me of Fable (the first one)

So any tips for what i should focus on as an Engineer?
should i stick to big weapons or should i change it up?

i got a ferret pet and named him daxter :D
If you want for it to be boring be a summoner, spamming bots, mechs and mines  :D with small suport from your canon

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 16, 2013, 10:24:34 am »

The middle tree's first-aid bot is super useful, as is the second skill, energy shield.

My 2-hander engineer has completed NG+ Veteran (can go to NG++ anytime now), and with those two I never had trouble out-lasting everything. The energy shield gave me additional 6k+ HP which can be renewed easily.

I've done plenty of multi-session lan play, and the world does save entirely, unless you manually reset it.

IIRC you still lose your open portals. Also there is only one active world save slot; if you play other characters your world will be flushed.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 10:26:57 am by kcwong »

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: May 16, 2013, 10:50:10 am »

I have an engineer who focuses on ranged combat. I summon a mob of Spidermines to keep the enemies away while I attack from a safe distance with Blast Cannon and Fusillade. Don't really need much more with that, health and mana regeneration gems and the Healbot, though suicidal zombies help (a bit, exploding zombies are just plain funny).
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 16, 2013, 11:05:33 am »

I've only ever played outlander. Something about using a pistol and a shield at the same time feels peachy keen, and being able to summon a gigantic purple boogeyman on top of enemies is amazing. I've never actually beaten the game though; I always lose interest in the third act for some reason.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: May 16, 2013, 01:36:01 pm »

with small suport from your canon
What does the non-canon do? :P

Anyways, I'm tempted to get this game if it goes on sale at some point soon.

You just missed it, it was last week :P
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]