Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Help! Please walk me through these MVSE2012 issues.  (Read 798 times)

nephilimnexus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Help! Please walk me through these MVSE2012 issues.
« on: April 13, 2013, 10:22:39 pm »

Alright... trying to do a slight mod to the game.  I know a little tiny bit about general scripting but nothing about Micro Visual Studio Express 2012.  So I did the modifications that I wanted but now getting it to actually recompile & turn it into a working game file is... well, I'm having no luck.  Hit compile, seems to work, but when I ever I hit build the whole thing barfs up a bunch of error messages and doesn't finish.  Note that it does the exact same thing even with the pristine, unmodified original as well.

It's obvious that the internal documentation was means for a more or less manual compiler and not this glitzy Microsoft thing, and I'll go out & get one of those instead if it I have to... but if I can actually get the MS program to work right that would be even better.

Any advice?

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
Re: Help! Please walk me through these MVSE2012 issues.
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 10:46:13 pm »

My main advice is ignore the documentation in the top directory and just go into the /workspaces directory and open one of the Visual Studio project files. The project files there are several versions behind compared to 2012, but they come preset with various settings required to build the game correctly through Microsoft Visual Studio. Hopefully they'll work for you even with your more modern version.

If not, I'll need to see at least one of the errors in order to help, since I don't have any idea what the problem is otherwise.