Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Two inthredable Dwarfes  (Read 432 times)

Urist McDodger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Two inthredable Dwarfes
« on: April 12, 2013, 05:54:41 pm »

Hello all Slaves of Armok!  ;D

I Just encountered something odd while drafting two replenishments for the glorious "Creative Helms".

Therapist showed me two dwarfes with decent fighting skills, without Nickname who didnīt belong to a squad.
I asigned them names (aaaaaaaa) for easy picking and went to the (m)ilitary menu, but there where not to be found there.

Thinking of the vampire-nickname-therapist bug, all urists gained the nickname "peas" and i looked ingame for
two unnamed dwarfs, which i canīt find. I searched the (u)nits- and (m)ilitary menu but they just donīt appear.
Also checked the Death/Missing page.

And Mantis states the bug fixed. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/print_bug_page.php?bug_id=5140

Does anybody know how this could be happening?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 06:18:02 pm by Urist McDodger »

zooeyglass

• Bay Watcher
  • Melbil that!
    • View Profile
Re: Two inthredable Dwarfes
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 08:41:00 pm »

is it possible that you have stealthed dwarven necromancers / caged dwarven necromancers on your map? Sometimes therapist picks them up...

It is a total pain in the butt, but you gotta do what you gotta do if you want that upright candy weapon.
Your suspicions are nothing more than superstition

Urist McDodger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 07:22:37 am »

There was no tower mentionend at neighbours when embarking, and i only have two cagetraps,
down where the access to the caverns is.

Animal stockpile only hosts the usual crundles (there should also be a FB, but I learned that
hatch covers donīt provide protection against flying building destroyers^^).

But not quite sure what you mean by stealthed necromancers, didnīt have to deal with these guys
since they have appeared in df.

zooeyglass

• Bay Watcher
  • Melbil that!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2013, 08:30:49 am »

Some necromancers enter your map sneaking/stealthed - they are invisible and can raise corpses invisible, only to be found (like am ambush) if a dwarf/dog/cat/unsuspecting fool wanders too near.

Not what what your problem could be, I'm afraid.

It is a total pain in the butt, but you gotta do what you gotta do if you want that upright candy weapon.
Your suspicions are nothing more than superstition

EBannion

• Bay Watcher
  • Visit my Blog, www.elleshaped.com
    • View Profile
    • ElleShaped
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2013, 10:02:49 am »

They could be very, very recent immigrants. As soon as you get the 'Some immigrants have arrived!' message, Therapist picks them up as being in your fortress, but the game ca'n't see them until they enter the map, which they do one at a time, about five steps apart from each other.

Wait for the migrants to finish coming on to the map and your guys should be on the list.
Torturing Dwarves to death since 2007

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2013, 04:07:44 pm »

They are witches. Burn them.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Urist McDodger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2013, 05:55:22 pm »

Seems there were two traders loitering at the edge of the map, but a minotaur fixed that problem :)

Seems that bug is still around, but I never heard sbout them showing up in Therapist.