Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Types of stone missing  (Read 492 times)

DFD

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Dabbling Fortress Designer
    • View Profile
Types of stone missing
« on: March 05, 2007, 09:13:00 am »

I can't find 7 different types of regular stone on my map. I have all of light and dark types. Dwarf wiki says one (or more?) randomly selected type of stone will be completely absent from each fortress.

So is it possible that seven types are missing or have I not been digging enough? (I've dug to magma river.)

Thanks for reply. Hopefully my strange mood dwarves won't go insane because their favourite stone is missing anymore.(Some have already died after demanding certain stone.)

P.S. I checked some other maps on this world and I can't find diorite, rhyolite and granite anywhere.

[ March 05, 2007: Message edited by: Dabbling Fortress Designer ]

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: Types of stone missing
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 10:57:00 pm »

Strange mood dwarves only demand specific colors, not their favorite types.  They used to demand specific types, but that was changed several versions ago.  It's possible but not likely that several types of stone can be missing in a fort.  Due to constraints on space, it can only support 16 types of stone per map area (4 bits worth).  If you want to be reasonably assured of getting all types of gray stone for whatever reason, you can remove some from your matgloss object file in the raws and regen the world.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!