Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: FOnline: 2238  (Read 1896 times)

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
FOnline: 2238
« on: April 08, 2013, 01:07:54 am »

FOnline is a fan-made MMORPG that utilizes the Fallout 2 engine (or at least something based off of it), created and maintained by a small team of independent developers known as "The Rotators". In order to play the game, you will need to have Fallout 2 installed, due to the game's utilization of files from Fallout 2. Other than that, however, the game is completely free and can be downloaded here. It is set just after the events of Fallout 2 in southern California, and as such you will find many locations, items, and (sometimes) characters that you've met before in previous Fallout games, in addition to a ton of new, original content. The game has a lot of depth, with a crafting system and faction alignments for the player to partake in, in addition to a plethora of quests. The game is also home to some of the most hilarious Russian-to-English translations I have ever seen. It's super unforgiving, with players able to kill or steal from each other in basically any situation, but team work is rewarded, and playing with friends is the best way to experience FOnline (it is an MMO, after all). Because of this fact, I would like to play with the fine wastelanders of Bay12. Together, we shall aggregate power, fortune, and bitchin'-ass plasma rifles (see: power) and rip post-apocalyptic California a new one. If any of you wants to meet up with me or with each other in-game to do some raiding, adventuring, or shit-shoveling, this will hopefully serve as a means for you to do so. I might also make a FOnline Bay12 Teamspeak/Ventrilo/Something server maybe.

E: I have started an IRC for forumites to use to communicate while playing. Go here, select DarkMyst [Webirc], and join the channel "Overseer'sEyebrows".
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 01:58:09 pm by MrWillsauce »

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
Re: FOnline: 2238
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 01:26:25 am »

Last time i tried this it wouldnt even let me connect.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 01:27:39 am »

Last time i tried this it wouldnt even let me connect.
Me too. Then I reinstalled and updated everything, and it worked fine.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 01:31:11 am »

Ill see if me and a friend can connect, later. If circumstances allow me to.
We always wanted to play this.

Any specific version required?

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2013, 01:33:42 am »

Ill see if me and a friend can connect, later. If circumstances allow me to.
We always wanted to play this.

Any specific version required?
There should be only one version that works  :o. (Unless you ran the game off a private server or something, which I'm not).

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2013, 05:16:25 am »

I mean of FO2 not the online client.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2013, 01:30:02 pm »

It only uses the Master.dat and Critter.dat files. What version of the game or what patches you use shouldn't matter at all.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2013, 01:32:27 pm »

I enjoyed this game back when I played. Too busy to play nowadays, but I wish you luck.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2013, 12:29:27 pm »

I remember that game... sadly i kept getting GANKED in pvp by ppl i couldnt hit at point blank...... Poorly balanced due to lvl difference but that was nearly 2 yr ago.

Edit: But i did like multiple systems, such as housing, crafting and some other, but the PVP was.... impossible unless you were in the end levels, and even there....
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 12:32:27 pm by jocan2003 »
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2013, 01:58:33 pm »

Created an IRC for us to use. Information is in the OP.