Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Animal Name Tweaking  (Read 438 times)

DwarfOfTheLand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Animal Name Tweaking
« on: April 03, 2013, 05:58:58 pm »

This is not about the titles of the animals. Cats, dogs, all of the animals, their names Earthly given to them will remain, but if the animals are NOT stray, but tame, take that part of the name out. This will help a lot of new adventuring players not run up and chop an owned cat in half, saving them the troubles of having an entire town run after them.
¤MASTERWORK¤ Dwarf Fortress - V.3 -
 - A comprehensive mod pack with 25% higher FPS -

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Animal Name Tweaking
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 11:36:29 pm »

Tame doesn't mean not stray, plenty of animals are both, and should remain so in the game.  I do think a civilization should react less harshly for attacking/killing a stray than they do for going after a specific pet, however.  Maybe a heated response only if directly witnessed, and one that cools off after a day or two.
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.

Helari

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 04:03:56 pm »

The punishment for killing domestic animals will probably be scolding or fining according to the monetary loss once it is implemented.

Realistically a reaction to someone cutting up your goat would be "Wow what the fuck are you doing" instead of "I will murder you with my boring knife".

DwarfOfTheLand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 06:18:17 pm »

Yeah, it is kinda odd that when you are a hunter, and you are starving to death, you go up to a legless chicken and cut it's head off, and then an entire town comes after you with their carving knives and War animals, while a kobold is stealing something inside. :|
¤MASTERWORK¤ Dwarf Fortress - V.3 -
 - A comprehensive mod pack with 25% higher FPS -