Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: NULL demand  (Read 664 times)

Schmoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
NULL demand
« on: April 21, 2008, 02:11:00 pm »

My mayor has a demand that reads as follows:

"Demands:   item in Bedroom"

I put a couple more things in his bedroom, but the demand remains and is now quite red.  Is there anything I can do to satisfy the demand?

Gaulgath

• Bay Watcher
  • ♪ Gold gold gold gold ♪
    • View Profile
Re: NULL demand
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 03:42:00 pm »

This is a rather old bug. I don't think there is any way to fix it (I believe it's caused by them wanting a material/item type combo that isn't possible), but the mayor will probably just jail some random dwarf when the time expires. No big deal. Higher-up nobles, however, may issue more extreme punishments for failure to meet mandates.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 03:55:00 pm »

Don't worry, failed demands result in nothing more than an unhappy thought for the noble that issued it. It's a rather small unhappy thought, too.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Schmoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2008, 04:30:00 pm »

Thanks, that's good to know.  However, the OCD in me can't help but be frustrated with that glaring red text on the Nobles screen.  Oh well.

Slappy Moose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2008, 06:35:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Untelligent:
<STRONG>Don't worry, failed demands result in nothing more than an unhappy thought for the noble that issued it. It's a rather small unhappy thought, too.</STRONG>

Wrong. Half of your fort will be beaten into a crippled state, or just killed.

Zaneg Thazor: Armok Reincarnate Story http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=19291.msg196691#msg196691

[Healthcare Update Thread] Personally, I can't wait for doctors to get possessed and start surgically attaching axes to champion soldier's arms.

Linthar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2008, 07:50:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Slappy Moose:
<STRONG>

Wrong. Half of your fort will be beaten into a crippled state, or just killed.</STRONG>

That's for failed mandates. Demands are when a noble asks for an item of furniture in their room, and those have no punishments for failures other then the unhappy thoughts.

Gaulgath

• Bay Watcher
  • ♪ Gold gold gold gold ♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2008, 01:43:00 pm »

Ah yes, that's right. Mandates are the real killers, but I don't this bug applies to those as well.

toast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2008, 05:37:00 pm »

and they cant be beaten if the hammerer falls 10 levels and is killed, or left until he dies. And the next one, and the next one, and the next one...
-Toast-_

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2008, 10:26:00 pm »

He meant the mayor will probably throw a tantrum and kill everyone himself.

Goblin Dragoon 085

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2008, 03:35:00 pm »

And to make things worse:

Dwarves tend to vote the for the highly skilled soldiers, cause they hang out in the dining hall, drinking beer all the time  :(

But dont worry, as long as your mayor is not a legendary axedwarf/woodcutter he will just beat other dwarves to death, instead of lobbing their heads off  ;)

Hague

• Bay Watcher
  • How do I shot web?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2008, 06:12:00 pm »

You could always use changeprofession.py and change the hammerer's profession into a farmer...