Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can't make ponds  (Read 642 times)

G9k

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Can't make ponds
« on: October 07, 2007, 05:38:00 pm »

Damnest thing, I made the channel so I can conver them into ponds, but when I press 'q' to change their perfence it doesn't seem to recongize them, instead giving me options for the refuse site thats near by.

Am I pressing the wrong button or something?

Pacho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Can't make ponds
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2007, 05:49:00 pm »

If the channel was ever filled with water (not with buckets) it won't be recognized as a building anymore.

G9k

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2007, 05:54:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Pacho:
<STRONG>If the channel was ever filled with water (not with buckets) it won't be recognized as a building anymore.</STRONG>

Well orginally the channel was a wel that I decided to remove.  After removing the well and being left with a ugly channel in the middle of the dinning room, I figured I could turn it into a snazzy pond for them to view during their meals.

So I ended up building more channels connected to the orginal one.  Don't tell me this just screwed me over with a big ugly channel in the middle of the dinning room.

edit: Shoot, looks like that might be the problem.  Any way to get rid of channels, through the game or other means?  I'm thinking about putting a cave in trap ontop of it to help destory the channels, but thats going to put my dinning room project back so much  :(

[ October 07, 2007: Message edited by: G9k ]

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2007, 07:12:00 pm »

I heard using the granite tool on top of a channel removes the channel.  The only other way would be to cave in the room and hope you get lucky.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Novocain

• Bay Watcher
  • Huh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2007, 08:06:00 pm »

Granite.exe works wonders, yeah.