Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [v1] Mac-Fortress - helper apps for Dwarf Fortress on mac  (Read 1387 times)

fidgetfu

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
[v1] Mac-Fortress - helper apps for Dwarf Fortress on mac
« on: March 29, 2013, 03:18:15 am »

Mac Fortress
Super-helpful bundle of tools for mac users playing Dwarf Fortress.

This tool was inspired by MacNewbie Pack and LazyNewb. It includes a copy of QuickFort's qfconvert. I've been working on this for  a while (mostly for myself) to have some quick and easy tools on the mac for playing Dwarf Fortress. But it also works on a windows/linux df folder as long as you run it on a mac. This is NOT a launcher for DF.

Download here https://github.com/fidgetfu/Mac-Fortress (click the ZIP button)

Enjoy!

QuickFort droplet

A droplet front end for the spreadsheet driven construction tool, Quickfort2. Drag a folder or individual csv/xls files onto the droplet to get the .mak files out. The droplet with use qfconvert to convert them to DF's macro format and name them to that you can pick them by name in the DF macro menu. Point it at your DF install and it will put the macros in the right folder.

This droplet includes the current version of qfconvert from Quickfort2. Quickfort2 is a fantastic tool for creating macros to use in game from csv or xls files. The source page for QuickFort is located here on GitHub.

Switch Graphics droplet

Drag-and-drop graphics set changer for the mac Dwarf Fortress client. A standard graphics folder (containing data, raw folders) can just be dropped onto the app to install to your DF. It will change save folders to the new raws if any. If you want to change from graphics to ascii, it will work best to include original DF raw folder contents in your tileset's folder. So example folders would be:

/my graphics set
    /data
        /art
        /init
    /raw
        .... whatever your set has

DF Init Wizard

A tools to change your init/dinit settings easily. Just run the app, choose your DF folder, and off you go! The Dwarf Fortress folder you use will have to have all the proper files in data/init or else the wizard won't work. Choose the settings you want and click save. That's all there is to it. It will work on any DF install folder (mac/windows/linux) as long as you're running this on a mac.

falsefaith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [v1] Mac-Fortress - helper apps for Dwarf Fortress on mac
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 02:58:39 pm »

This is awesome! I have a question though, what's the process like to install Quickfort on OSX? I haven't quite figured it out yet and all the tutorials I could find were for windows.

fidgetfu

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 10:43:33 pm »

Quickfort is easy to install - you just need to download the folder and run the script from inside.

But you don't need to do that - the droplet already contains quickfort! It's ready to go. :)

turabeasel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 06:08:26 am »

It works great, but how do you figure out where it is going to start designating before playing the macro? Is there a way to center is or "place" it first?

fidgetfu

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 09:32:12 am »

I don't know how it works with BUILD macors, but for designate ones, I open the designate menu and place the cursor X at the top left corner of the design. It seems to put the TopLeft wherever the X is when the macro is run. At least, that's what I've figured out so far.