Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Darkness Looming  (Read 740 times)

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
Darkness Looming
« on: April 02, 2013, 08:29:10 pm »

I'm dead. Well, not dead exactly, but rather... Asleep. Nothing happened, there was no heart attack, no terminal illness, no masked murderer. My grip on life simply faded. I don't quite remember my history. I can think of a couple details, and things that have been hammered into me. Like speaking, or writing, or using a martial weapon (Dear old dad had been big on the last one). The question is, what happened? Why am I here? Where am I? When am I? Who am I? Along with many, many others. All I know with absolute, real certainty, is that something big, and bad, is going to happen soon. What is it? I can't say. All I know is that won't be good, to anyone.
-Journal of The Events, entry one.

You wake up. "Let's see. The flowers need watered, the dog needs fed, and I need to- Wait. Where... Where am I? Unless I got so drunk that I made my bedroom look like an evil wizard's tower, I'm not home." You are, in fact, quite correct. This is not your home. Rather, it's God-only-knows-where on God-only-knows at God-only-knows-O'clock-in-the-God-only-knows. The walls seem to be made of a rudimentary stone brick, with a scrawling, looping writing scribbled hastily on it, in what appears to be ink. There's a door on the Northern wall, though how you know it's north is unknown to you. The room is lit with several torches lining the walls, that don't seem to be releasing smoke. Or heat, for that matter, you think to yourself. Realizing it's icy cold in here, you notice that water is dripping down from the ceiling and freezing in the stonework, and occasionally in mid-air, causing a shattering sound to echo through the room. The bed you just got off of would seem to have just become nonexistent. No poof of smoke, no magical fading, just not there, as natural as can be.

What do you do?
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Darkness Looming
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 08:31:00 pm »

Examine the room. Look for, under, and behind all and any articles of furniture, for starters.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dredonius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 08:45:21 pm »

>Check inventory. What do you have on your person?

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 02:47:10 am »

look around for items.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 04:53:10 pm »

You find that there is no furniture in this room, for whatever reason. In your examinations, you decide to check the writing. It seems to not actually be ink, but rather it's floating about a quarter of an inch off of the wall. It reads, "Imprisonment". You decide to check if anyone slipped something into your pocket while you were asleep. You do find what seems to be a few, torn peices of paper with similar handwriting to that on the wall, but you can't make anything out. Scanning the ground, you find a few pieces of cloth, which seem to be in good enough quality to make something out of them.

Inventory: Cloth (3x)
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2013, 05:00:02 pm »

Do something unexpected.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Necrisha

• Bay Watcher
  • 0.0 0.o o.0 o.o -.- zzzZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2013, 11:18:34 pm »

Take a torch and hold it so the flame is under the writing.
EDIT: Keas restricted to tropical forests where they belong.  Those evil, EVIL, foul little things.

Edit: The baby murderer became a friend of the fortress, which started a loyalty cascade, and now most of the squad is dead.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2013, 05:21:06 am »

Quietly sing Ievan's Polka to yourself.