Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Found out why so many Dwarves die in Worldgen  (Read 3894 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Found out why so many Dwarves die in Worldgen
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2013, 03:14:54 pm »

I rarely see dwarven militaries using Marksdwarfs while Goblin raids frequently feature archers.... a goblin squad could conceivably just hamstring and entire attack by peppering melee dwarfs before they manage to hit back. Seeing as legends lists this stuff as one-on-one duels instead of having all the soldiers fight at once you could end up with one guy rushing the archer, getting killed, then the next...
Equipment is not taken into account in these duels. Except where hunters are concerned, in which case it is explicitly stated they roam the wilds hunting for great beasts/have shot something.

Dwarf civilizations nearby savage biomes tend to procure large numbers of elite marksdwarves.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2013, 03:01:15 am »

I rarely see dwarven militaries using Marksdwarfs while Goblin raids frequently feature archers.... a goblin squad could conceivably just hamstring and entire attack by peppering melee dwarfs before they manage to hit back. Seeing as legends lists this stuff as one-on-one duels instead of having all the soldiers fight at once you could end up with one guy rushing the archer, getting killed, then the next...
Equipment is not taken into account in these duels. Except where hunters are concerned, in which case it is explicitly stated they roam the wilds hunting for great beasts/have shot something.

Dwarf civilizations nearby savage biomes tend to procure large numbers of elite marksdwarves.

What is taken into account?
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2013, 12:56:24 pm »

What is taken into account?

Skill, size, teeth, pure beard...

tyrannus007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2013, 08:48:26 pm »

World-gen sieges are pretty crazy. In one of my worlds, a 13-year old goblin girl with no combat experience killed 682 human invaders before dying. This sort of thing happens due to massive defensive bonuses and the 1 vs 1 duels. Race doesn't seem to have anything to do with it.
GENERATION 26:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment
Pages: 1 [2]