Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Shin Megami Tensei: IMAGINE - Now with steam group and Guild.  (Read 12586 times)

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
Re: Shin Megami Tensei: IMAGINE - Now with steam group and Guild.
« Reply #90 on: March 01, 2013, 11:49:35 pm »

Okay time for that part of the thread where I make big ole guides on various junk and link them in the OP.

MARKET GUIDE/GENERAL MONEY MANAGEMENT

Money is kind've a thing in this game. You need to know how to make it or you will go broke repairing your shit. As a note, pick up all the money demons drop. This will do enough to keep you afloat early on. Not enough to buy nice things in short order, or at all really, but whatcha gonna do. The answer is sell things. The marketplaces in this game are free to use (in real dollars, you need to use in game currency to open one but still) and are manned on their own, you don't need to be there. So there is no reason not to use them.

Okay, first thing you need to know. What to keep to sell, what to chuck out/NPC.

First off gems. Keep them. I don't mean the demon HP/SP restorers, I mean litteral gems, like rubies, peridot, etc. They sometimes don't sell for a ton, the lower end ones can sell for less then 1k in fact,  but the upper end gems like diamonds can sell for litterally millions. A piece. You can get gems from dungeons and the yagiya time trial. Trade in five yagiya seals to get a shot at the gem lottery. Gem prices go from 500 to a million (APPARENTLY DIAMONDS ARE NOT IN THE GEM LOTTO BUT STILL) a piece. If you find it in little boxes in dungeons, start at 500 and move from there, raising it or lowering it as you see fit. Obviously if the gem sells to an NPC for more then 500, price it higher then that, but start low is the point.

Quest items. Notable things are Makanda stones, Faded Earring: Garnets, soul shards. That's not a full list but if you see a quest taking it chances are you can sell it. I've seen Makanda stones for as much as 10k a piece, Faded Earring: Garnet's go for about 20k I'd say. Soul shards I personally price in the 3 digits but you might be able to make it into the 4 digits.

Magnetite. The lazy man's choice. You will build up magnetite naturally as you move along as everything drops a little bit of it, and it is valuble to those of us that use demons away from our personal alignment as shit gets pricy as the demons level up, and the magnetite cost only goes up when they're outside your alignment. As a result selling your spare magnetite (for about 2 macca a piece) is a great way to make cash. Don't dry yourself out on the stuff, be sure to keep a nice store on hand, but it sells like hotcakes.

Incenses. They're very useful but can sell for a bit of change. Little common ones like the 1.2x exp and expertise ones sell for maybe 5k? I'm guessing on that but it sounds reasonable. It goes up the longer it lasts and the higher the multiplier. Incenses are also used in the demon rebirth system and demon force system so don't be afraid to raise those prices if they just fly off the shelves. You're on your own for prices on these, I've never done it.

Anything that effects demon happiness. A happy demon is a strong demon, and a happy demon is a demon that can be conned into being shoved into a crystal to be used as a gear enhancer. Cups of twilight, gift melons, etc. Cups of twilight go for about 10-15k a pop. Gift melons 30-40k I want to say? They're very valuble.

IC chips, and presumably all kinds of dungeon pass esque items. Most are sold in NPC shops but things like Suginami (Unknown) plates could probably be sold for a nice sum. IC chips are about 10k, this seems to be a fairly solid, agreed on price in the community. They drop fairly often off of the various giant enemies in Suginami. Never seen an unknown plate sold but I dunno why it wouldn't work.

Crafting professions are another source of income.

Swordsmith and Arms maker are in kind've an odd place. Generally cash shop items are being sold for normal currency that are vastly better then anything you can make (at low levels). WITH THAT SAID, you can make a bit of scratch if you make sure to keep your weapons reasonably priced. Any AC item is going to be super expensive just because real money was spent for it. Your early game gear will be "bargain gear". A five slot item (should you be so lucky) decked out in various enhancements to it's damage can really hit like a truck so don't underestimate this stuff! Just be sure to read up on the crafting process as enhancing items can easily break them. Like, permanantly.

Synthesizers are probably in the best place. Soul stones are always in high demand, and you generally get tips for just doing the stuff as any crafting alt is a pain to raise, and synthers get paid compartively little for their services then endgame swordsmiths and arms makers.

Med Sci I honestly am not sure about. They can make a lot of really handy items, so just selling incenses I think would be a great way to do things, and I think there are a few items that are important to use for summoning field bosses or something? Also medical items, etcetcetc. Could go either way but I think it's a safe bet.

Miscellanious stuff. Denshi Kairo is a huge cash fountain, go into the Home III service enterance, and use the terminal in there, go to "FROM: Steven" and start up. Basically it's a gauntlet, you can go 3 floors at a time and monsters drop an inordinate amount of mags, macca, and exp in exchange for being pretty buff and sometimes multi aggroing. It's a great way to get ahead. You can do it once a day.

That's about it. THIS WILL BE EDITED AS I DISCOVER MORE STUFF. IF YOU HAVE A PRICE, TELL ME IN GAME AND I'LL ADD IT TO THE POST. KEEP CHECKING THIS POST, THERE IS A LINK IN THE OP IN THE INFORMATION SECTION NEAR THE BOTTOM. THANK YOU AND HAVE A NICE DAY.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 10:01:24 pm by Seriyu »

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 02, 2013, 11:55:44 am »

I suppose you could mention crafting if you want to build around one of those classes. Or selling raw materials to crafters. Not the most reliable method perhaps. And I commonly see soul shards at 2k a pop, so those could be decent early money for newbies if they actually sell at that price.

Speaking of, finally decided to stop screwing about with alt builds and make a swordsmith/MedSci. KotetsuSeika. Thinking I'm just gonna chug free XP incense and run Suginami bronze into the ground till I have the soul shards for occultism, then maybe try to piggyback silver if anyone will let me till I'm 20. When I have the energy.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 05:03:44 pm by Kaitol »

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #92 on: March 02, 2013, 06:01:09 pm »

You make a point with crafting, unfortunately it's mostly late end crafting that's a big money maker. You can potentially make some scratch though. I'll put that in. I'll get your alt invited whenever it's on too. And I'll test out the 2k soul shards and see how it goes, thank yah!

EDIT: Oh also, the random decided they weren't active enough for the guild despite my reassurance, so that's not happening. If anyone happens to know any random folk that you think could work in the guild please let me know and I'll take a look!

EDIT2: Also I've made a crafting character named Jidoor, so if you get a friend invite from that guy it's me don't worry.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 09:40:28 pm by Seriyu »

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #93 on: March 03, 2013, 06:00:44 pm »

More guide! This time on fusing shit.

First off we'll need three links.

Skill table
A demon
A skill

Okay, open the bottom two. Look at the demon, the Inheritance field up near the image of the demon. In this case our good pal jack frost can inherit Ice affinity skills. These skills will come preloaded onto the demon, no extra anything needed. So anything with the Affinity of Ice will instantly be learned upon fusing. Handy! Looking at the skill, Satisfaction 1 (one of the most universally fused skills for super demons, along with it's siblings Satisfaction 2 and 3.) has the affinity of special. But it also has inheritance All. So wouldn't jack frost get it anyway?

The answer is yes. Scroll down to the Inheritance table below the skill list of the demon. In this case Jack Frost can inherit anything with the  inheritance of All, Breath, Slam, Needle, or Eyes. In this case it will be partially inherited, with a little meter next to it in the skills tab of your demon. In these cases you have to be hit by specific skills, a fire skill will require the demon to be hit by fire attacks, special(IE Passive) skills need to be hit by counters, etc. They can be a little wonky but they're usually obvious.

So what was the top link for? That's a big ole list of every skill in the game in a neat table with their Special and Affinity's in the table. So that should be very handy when you find a demon you like the look of and want to make it into a horrible murder monster. (Protip: Satisfaction 1-2 and 3 are amazing, elemental coverage is also important, and don't forget to rebirth the demon too once you've got all the skills you want on it.)

This is also in the OP where the market guide is.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 04, 2013, 07:11:55 pm »

Think I'll play my Crafter today. If ya need me, 's where I'll be.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #95 on: March 05, 2013, 06:46:22 pm »

Guild has hit level 2, we all gain 5% more exp and expertise! whooooo

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 05, 2013, 11:27:30 pm »

woo

(Somehow I get the feeling not many other people care)

On a lighter note, I am ready to sacrifice every employee of Steam and Valve to the blood god. I will dance on their corpses and drink of their blood.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 11:52:36 pm by Kaitol »

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #97 on: March 06, 2013, 05:51:53 pm »

Eh, the place'll pick up steam over time. And if not we can just start opening it up to more random folk.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #98 on: March 07, 2013, 05:53:21 pm »

Not gonna be on tonight, just saying. Also is there anything anyone is having issues with? I'd write up more guides but without jumping into dungeon specific guides I'm not sure what else to do.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 08, 2013, 01:21:32 am »

Sweet Hallelujah lawdy lawd. I finally wrested control of my steam account back from those.... I don't even know.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #100 on: March 08, 2013, 05:34:31 pm »

Oho, I'll have to remember to get into the steam chat better. :P

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 12, 2013, 01:18:29 am »

Sorry I haven't been on the past couple of days. Got sucked in by UnReal world going free. (I have a tendency to do that. Getting sucked in by a game exclusively for a period)

But if you need me like for a new pubbie you want to run through stuff or anything, just let me know and I'll hop on in one red second. Just kinda got burnt out on solo grinding.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 01:20:21 am by Kaitol »

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #102 on: March 25, 2013, 05:25:16 pm »

Yeah I've been playing monster hunter myself, nothing wrong with taking a break periodically. If I swing back into activity I'll be sure to post in the thread about it.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]