Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vampire Huntin' - How do I acquire loot when civilians mob the corpse?  (Read 1148 times)

Mdnthrvst

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

As we all know, the first and easiest step on an Adventurer's journey is to hunt vampires, and by hunting I mean calling them out in a crowded room, taking potshots at them from afar, and watching allies and bystanders maul them to death.

The problem is, when the fight concludes, any civilians that had been up close and personal with the vamp block you from standing on top of it, or at least it seems, and you can't get at all their goodies.

Is there something I'm missing?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile

Going prone and crawling through the peasants legs to grab silly vampire trinkets.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Mdnthrvst

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Oh, I forgot sneaking and going prone were different things. Thanks!

Catsup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

dont forget to loot the most valuable treasure from the fight: the vampire's blood. Just empty your water skin on their blood splatter and re-fill it with blood-laced water. Then spread the waterskins around in each country; its a good way to ensure your next adventurer can become a vampire easily without necessarily having to slay your previous one.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

dont forget to loot the most valuable treasure from the fight: the vampire's blood. Just empty your water skin on their blood splatter and re-fill it with blood-laced water. Then spread the waterskins around in each country; its a good way to ensure your next adventurer can become a vampire easily without necessarily having to slay your previous one.
No need to have water laced with blood, unless your adventurer would like to mix it with sewer-brew or something. Simply standing over a pool of its blood will allow you to pick it all up and (p)ut it in a quiver/waterskin.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile

I would like to point out that holding blood in your backpack, quiver or waterskin will not hold it there indefinitely.  The next rainstorm to blow by will dump it all on the ground, and if you go swimming it'll wash away.  I've yet to try blood-laced water, but it sounds like that would be a more permanent solution to transporting vamp blood.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

I would like to point out that holding blood in your backpack, quiver or waterskin will not hold it there indefinitely.  The next rainstorm to blow by will dump it all on the ground, and if you go swimming it'll wash away.  I've yet to try blood-laced water, but it sounds like that would be a more permanent solution to transporting vamp blood.
Blood coated items and yourself will wash away. Blood contained within a storage item will remain indefinitely. It is entirely possible to have a quiver full of 10 units of vampire blood, drop it off at a lair and to have it still intact years later.