Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Eek! Vampire scare!  (Read 2033 times)

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Eek! Vampire scare!
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2013, 02:49:44 pm »

Well, other than the fact that it doesn't include names, the entire combat report history is written to game.log (or whatever its called; obvious filename is obvious) in your DF directory.  You can read through that to see the exact order of attacks in a combat, except all your hammer dwarves' entries will be listed as "The Hammerdwarf smashes the <victim> in the knee" or whatever happened, making it difficult to sort out which events are for what attacker/victim.  In your case, it shouldn't be too difficult to isolate the event since the attack should say "The Mayor smashes the <victim> in the knee with his +ego+ bruising the pride and shattering composure." (or whatever happened).
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

MrSparky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2013, 03:08:15 pm »

Note that DF appends new announcements/messages to that file but never removes old ones. It's likely to be quite large. I clean mine out every few days so it doesn't take so long to load it in my text editor.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2013, 03:16:58 pm »

Note that DF appends new announcements/messages to that file but never removes old ones. It's likely to be quite large. I clean mine out every few days so it doesn't take so long to load it in my text editor.
If you want to keep the info, but speed up load times, rename it instead of deleting it.  The game will create a new one and just keep writing.
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2013, 12:13:50 am »

If you want to keep the info, but speed up load times, rename it instead of deleting it.  The game will create a new one and just keep writing.
Thanks for the tip!
This is a masterwork ledger.  It contains 3719356 pages on the topic of the precise number and location of stones in Spindlybrooks.  In the text, the dwarves are hauling.
"And here is where we get the undead unicorns. Stop looking at me that way, you should have seen the zombie deer running around last week!"
Pages: 1 [2]