Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

If this gets implemented, which Guild would you like to see first?

The Miners Guild - House Tekkud (Pick)
The Woodworkers Guild - House Lolum (Wood)
The Stoneworkers Guild - House Lam (Stone)
The Animal Handlers Guild- House Fer (Beast)
The Smiths Guild  - House Zuntir (Anvil)
The Jewelers Guild - House Istrath (Jewel)
The Craftsdwarves Guild - House Rigoth (Craft)
The Fishworkers Guild - House Tatlosh (Fish)
The Farmers Guild - House Ber (Earth)
The Engineers Guild - House Olon (Gear)
Handlers of the Dead - House Rash (Death)
The Military Orders

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: Return of the Guild Masters  (Read 35144 times)

madjoe5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the Guild Masters
« Reply #120 on: November 18, 2010, 01:39:31 am »

I'd just like to suggest that the Jewelry GM's special skill be changed. What if it gave the player the choice of which piece of furniture to encrust? Much like hoe placing tables or any kind of furniture, a list of all applicable objects should come up. I only suggest this because it's kind of difficult to get jewelers to encrust the furniture that you want them to (usually the most expensive kind). Rather, the just pick the closest one; making us dump and forbid, or mess around with stockpiles.

Also, I don't think that the extra gem extraction or getting an extra gem really fit. I wouldn't expect a jeweler to be able to get rough gems from unmined walls. Its a little ridiculous. And the other one is kinda,... idk, bleh. It's not unique, really, just gets a free gem every now and then. Plus the thing I said kinda falls in the same vein as much of the other abilities do (ie chosing what type of stone to use for the Crafting GM).

Lord Vetinari

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 18, 2010, 04:42:18 am »

I'd just like to suggest that the Jewelry GM's special skill be changed. What if it gave the player the choice of which piece of furniture to encrust? Much like hoe placing tables or any kind of furniture, a list of all applicable objects should come up. I only suggest this because it's kind of difficult to get jewelers to encrust the furniture that you want them to (usually the most expensive kind). Rather, the just pick the closest one; making us dump and forbid, or mess around with stockpiles.

It's planned to add work options in every workshop (just like what we currently have for the metalsmith), I guess that it means that the ability to choose thich item to encrust will be added too. I't a kind of waste to use the GM for that, and a bit frustrating and illogichal to have to wait for the guild to show up for something that basic.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #122 on: March 23, 2013, 09:22:36 am »

Sorry for the necro, I just wanted to let everyone know that I am doing guild system simply by modding. I used this as a basis to start working with. I have done the buildings and have ideas about the castes, which I will do next.  If you want to join the discussion in the modding forum, please go here.

::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Helari

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 24, 2013, 10:55:24 am »

Guilds and houses are a separate thing.

Guilds are conventions of people in the same profession and houses generally mean nobles descending from the same family tree, identifying under one name.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]