Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Silverskull's Super Simple Wagon/Flavor mod  (Read 921 times)

silverskull39

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Silverskull's Super Simple Wagon/Flavor mod
« on: March 22, 2013, 09:16:26 pm »

Was faffing about and found a perfect site to try and build the way I envision the University and Imre from the Kingkiller Chronicles (I highly reccomend this series and am waiting desperately for the third book), and spawned with my wagons (cheated and dragged a shit ton of stone along...not that it's any of your business :P) right in the middle of what would have been the Great Stone Bridge. Sure, I could just tear it apart and move all the stuff elsewhere, but I like to keep the wagons for some reason... I rarely destroy them. So what's an enterprising adept modder dwarf to do? Make custom Buildings of course!

Since I was at it, I made one facing each of the four main directions and a (kinda shabby) wagon cirle as well.

Picture, so y'all know I'm not some kinda web rapist or somethin'
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

as you can see, the wagon circle makes it look like they're set up on dirt/dead grass or something. Not much I can do there, unless I make one for each biome type, which would be a pain to make and to navigate through in the game menus, so I'm not going to. Just pretend the fire melted the snow or burnt the grass or performed crazy magic on the sand, as fits your biome of choice.

Installation:

Just paste this in your building_custom raw,
And this in your entity_default raw with your dwarves' permitted buildings.

Things I may also throw up here if I get around to making them/finding a way to make them look good:
Carts
Tents
Fences
Market stalls

Also, if someone knows a way to make custom buildings take the color of the building material, such knowledge would be appreciated, though I suspect it's impossible.

EDIT: Updated to take wagon color from Material.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 09:45:15 pm by silverskull39 »
Dwarf fortress threads can sound so.... unethical
it would be unethical if this wasn't the bay12 forums
Bay12: A short, sturdy forum fond of !!science!! and derailment.
Now back to your regularly scheduled thread derailment.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Silverskull's Super Simple Wagon/Flavor mod
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 09:24:16 pm »

COLOR   

Specifies the colors in which the custom building's tiles will be displayed. The first parameter is the building stage, the 2nd parameter is the row number, and subsequent parameters are either sets of 3 numbers (foreground:background:brightness) or the token "MAT" to use the color of the primary building material.

:)

Example:
[COLOR:3:1:6:0:0:6:0:0:6:0:0] should be [COLOR:3:1:MAT:MAT:MAT]
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

silverskull39

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Silverskull's Super Simple Wagon/Flavor mod
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 09:33:15 pm »

COLOR   

Specifies the colors in which the custom building's tiles will be displayed. The first parameter is the building stage, the 2nd parameter is the row number, and subsequent parameters are either sets of 3 numbers (foreground:background:brightness) or the token "MAT" to use the color of the primary building material.

:)

Example:
[COLOR:3:1:6:0:0:6:0:0:6:0:0] should be [COLOR:3:1:MAT:MAT:MAT]

much obliged!
Dwarf fortress threads can sound so.... unethical
it would be unethical if this wasn't the bay12 forums
Bay12: A short, sturdy forum fond of !!science!! and derailment.
Now back to your regularly scheduled thread derailment.