Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Learning bug? [Resolved]  (Read 612 times)

Raphite1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Beards and Brimstone
Learning bug? [Resolved]
« on: March 22, 2013, 11:25:27 pm »

In the fourth year of a fort, I noticed that my two doctors had zero skills in medical professions, not even "Dabbling," despite having performed several diagnoses, surgeries, suturings, bone settings, etc.

I also noticed that a peasant-made-bonecarver had zero bone carving skills, not even "Dabbling," despite making some bone crafts, a bunch of totems, and decorating a bunch of stuff with hooves and horn.

Other dwarves have had no problems learning.. I have a legendary chef, carpenter, and miners.

Is this related to a known bug?

Edit: Just checked my tailor, who has made many dozens of articles of clothing. She's not even Dabbling.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 11:45:24 am by Raphite1 »

dirty foot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Learning bug?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 02:33:39 am »

Vampires?

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2013, 07:52:55 am »

Did you accidentally press (b) in the (v)iew units menu?
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

Raphite1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Beards and Brimstone
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2013, 11:44:31 am »

Did you accidentally press (b) in the (v)iew units menu?

So I did! Haha, thanks.

Wow. Been playing this game for years, and even made a fairly substantial mod back in 40d, and still I'm getting stumped by basic interface mistakes.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2013, 12:31:43 pm »

Vampires?
Are you sure you have the right topic?
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

MrSparky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2013, 12:37:06 pm »

Vampires?
Are you sure he does not? Vampires are the cause of all problems after all.

Lida_Brainbroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2013, 01:58:36 pm »

Vampires?
Are you sure he does not? Vampires are the cause of all problems after all.

1. It's resolved.
2. If it were vampires, the post would have been "why are all my dwarf dying wiht all their blood sucked out?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!111" because the entire med staff and crafting team are vamps.  Also, vampires don't get locked skills, they get locked stats.
She was on her way to the booze stockpile for a drink and got interrupted by the wyvern. It is not wise to stand between a grumpy senior and her booze.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Learning bug? [Resolved]
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2013, 01:54:31 am »

A chief medical vampire that likes helping people is unlikely to kill anyone while drinking from them as they sleep in the hospital because its closer than their assigned bed.  Or, to put it another way, nobody died in the three fort years I had a vampire as the only doctor ...
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"