Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Your most SCREWED Survivors...  (Read 4957 times)

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
Re: Your most SCREWED Survivors...
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2013, 02:56:10 pm »

Long time ago, I had a war dog. It was assigned to a Swordsdorf. Unlike the poor woman's children (good parenting FTL), the dog didn't die when it got into a fight; it got stabbed in the brain and then in the lung and then in each of its front paws. It didn't die, it just kinda limped around for about six years like a walking "Awwww  :'(" and passed out occasionally.

The dog was officially lamed; even if it COULD get to a fight by moving at the speed of upside-down turtles during its brief periods of consciousness, it wouldn't be able to fight very well. Sure, it could bite, but it's not hard to dodge a dog that can't stand up.

One day it passed out on top of The weapon trap. I had lots of weapon traps in this fort, but no, this dog passed out on THE weapon trap. The one with four heavy artifact weapons (a silver mace, a steel warhammer, a copper corkscrew and something else) alongside a bunch of steel discs. Suffice to say that no rednecks bothered to offer me a ride to the paint shop. I did notice, though, that the wall next to the weapon trap had a masterwork carving of that weapon trap. Painted red with blood.

"Attention douchebags. Do not attempt to invade this fortress. This thing right here will murderfy you." ~dog
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 02:57:52 pm by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Asra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2013, 03:52:13 pm »

I think my most wounded survivor was a victim of a Forgotten Beast's extract that caused his entire body to completely rot nonstop. There were four surgeons working on him for months, cutting away at him. The entire hospital was filled with miasma and eventually, miraculously, he survived without dying of blood loss, after ending up in the hospital two separate times from the same thing.

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2013, 03:53:35 pm »

Ages ago back in 40d, I had Blinky. A legendary woodcrafter due to an artifact piccolo. She took an arrow to the eyes. Both eyes. At once. With no brain damage.

She passed out sometimes, but eventually learned to deal with it. At least, until the goblins got her a decade later due to an ambush.
The *large serrated steel disk* strikes the Raven in the head, tearing apart the muscle, shattering the skull, and tearing apart the brain!
A tendon in the skull has been torn!
The Raven has been knocked unconcious!

Elves do it in trees. Humans do it in wooden structures. Dwarves? Dwarves do it underground. With magma.

HandofCreation0

• Bay Watcher
  • 3D Artist and Ca Calne Fan
    • View Profile
    • HandofCreation0's DeviantART
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2013, 09:13:20 am »

I once had a Elite Marksdwarf that suffered SOME SORT of injury after a battle (in his health tab and on the wounds screen, nothing showed up as wrong) who was unconscious for 4 years straight, I eventually took pity got sick of him wasting food and drink and locked him away in a room to die of thirst a warriors death.
Welcome to Dwarf Fortress! Please take a number; the Forgotten Beast will be with you shortly!

MightyDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2013, 09:24:27 am »

I once had a Elite Marksdwarf that suffered SOME SORT of injury after a battle (in his health tab and on the wounds screen, nothing showed up as wrong) who was unconscious for 4 years straight, I eventually took pity got sick of him wasting food and drink and locked him away in a room to die of thirst a warriors death.

I dealt with this "endless recovery sleeping" bug too. Urist mc Axedwarf was initially crippled, then recovered entirely, but remained in coma during 2/3 years in the hospital. I tried to deconstruct his bed and it worked fairly well.

HandofCreation0

• Bay Watcher
  • 3D Artist and Ca Calne Fan
    • View Profile
    • HandofCreation0's DeviantART
« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2013, 10:08:58 am »

I dealt with this "endless recovery sleeping" bug too. Urist mc Axedwarf was initially crippled, then recovered entirely, but remained in coma during 2/3 years in the hospital. I tried to deconstruct his bed and it worked fairly well.

I deconned his bed and everything too, even moved the hospital to somewhere else, he was still in a constant in coma.
Welcome to Dwarf Fortress! Please take a number; the Forgotten Beast will be with you shortly!

sinuan

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2013, 10:53:40 am »

I once had a legendary cook violate a working order with no jail built.  My hammerer had a silver warhammer equipped (oops).  All his limbs were broken as well as his lower spine. He eventually recovered and crawled all over my fortress ecstatic for having his punishment reduced.  I built him a nice tomb after he dragged a rose gold sarcophagus across the fort on a random haul order which lasted a few months.

Later I sent a squad after a forgotten beast whose essence caused blistering of their entire body as well as blinding them.  The blisters never healed so I had an entire squad of blind and permanently disfigured legendary melee and crossbowman.  They lasted for years until being completely obliterated by an Elephant Fiend Diety that showed up as a trade liason for a human civ (I couldn't let such an abomination live, joke was on me I suppose.)

MightyDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2013, 11:03:18 am »

I deconned his bed and everything too, even moved the hospital to somewhere else, he was still in a constant in coma.

That's odd. Wonder if it's a known bug.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2013, 11:13:25 am »

Elephant Fiend Diety
Waitwut? I've never seen anything like that.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Maxmurder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2013, 12:29:18 pm »

After a good hammering my vamp mayor was unconscious in the hospital with a severed upper spine. Unable to move or even breathe I wondered how the doctors could tell if he was actually still technically "alive."
The Sponge has become enraged!
Without a nervous system...
The only thing they can feel...
IS ANGER.

sinuan

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2013, 03:07:50 pm »

Elephant Fiend Diety
Waitwut? I've never seen anything like that.

It was... interesting.  He showed up and walked straight down to my noble floor to negotiate, and when I sent 28 militiamen to attack him, he crushed them all and walked away.  His cloak stopped 99% of the attacks.  I looked it up in the Legends later on, apparently it was a deity forgotten beast that convinced someone it was human and then acted as the law-giver for the human civ for ~1000 years

WaffleEggnog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2013, 05:14:22 pm »

I once had a militia commander/badass snap his lower spine. He lost control of his legs and had to be taken to the hospital, were he just lied there.

His position was filled by his son, who quickly surpassed him in skill (He was only great. I was playing a military-only fort, and not many masters lived long enough to get to legendary).

This is were it goes crazy. I was expecting him to live his life, until the fort fell, in the same bed. But this guy was not going to let no control of his legs slow him down. I noticed that the bed was empty, and found him in the unit screen, crawling around in the caverns. As it was only respectful, I made him an epic room, same as the king's, as a tribute. I didn't want him back on the militia, because he had no control of his lower body...

But then, one day, most of the noob members of my military got owned by a siege. The skilled ones survived, but I had run out of novice Axedwarves to fill in the ranks. He now continues to kick major goblin ass without his legs. I just imagine him crawling in between their legs and cutting them down like a tree.
WHEN POSSIBLE, I PREFER TO CONSUME YOUR FACE.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]