Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Most FUN raws to duplicate  (Read 1193 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
Most FUN raws to duplicate
« on: March 23, 2013, 07:02:25 pm »

What creature, material or item's raws cause the most Fun when duplicated? I'm thinking of duplicating some raws on purpose. Wagon meat and cave spider chitin socks for all!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Most FUN raws to duplicate
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 07:26:27 pm »

it doesnt matter. you just need one single duplicate anywhere, the effect is random.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2013, 07:35:33 pm »

it doesnt matter. you just need one single duplicate anywhere, the effect is random.

This is actually wrong. Duped raws shift all of the objects of that type "down" by one. The Funnest raw to dupe is Toad, as the Toad is the first creature.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2013, 07:37:40 pm »

So clay is the first material? When I duped raw adamantine the HFS was made of clay.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2013, 07:40:16 pm »

So clay is the first material? When I duped raw adamantine the HFS was made of clay.

No, iron is; however, clay is the first material after Slade.

assasin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2013, 09:56:54 pm »

I don't know what I did. But I somehow changed a lot of the soil [i think] layers into things with names like" rough hewn revolting..." [can't be bothered looking up the full name]  which has a bright purple color or "Rough hewn haunting dust wall" which is a darkish red. I think I somehow made a couple'a weird rain types turn solid on a non-evil embark.

Other changes include no citizens and my pets being about 7 peasents and two dragons. One of the pet peasents descriptions reads " a giant amphibean predator that lives underground." Oh, and half the ramps keep changing every second. I can't read what the different ramps are because even when paused it flashes between one and the other too quickly. Pressing k doesn't help.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2013, 10:00:31 pm »

Those are the generated material (I.E evil clouds and rain) mats, which come after everything else; inorganic_stone_soil is the last file in the list, so soils get replaced with those. Your evil rains will probably be replaced with glaze and stuff.

Hehe, the flashing material is cool. I wish I could replicate that without duping raws...