Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: After losing a seige, friendly gobbos?  (Read 538 times)

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
After losing a seige, friendly gobbos?
« on: March 18, 2013, 07:38:16 am »

So, I'd been playing this one fort for 10 in-game years. Built up quite a supply of candy, walled off and settled the first two cavern layers, built myself a legendary armed forces and fought off several invasions.
Things went downhill to say the least. I encountered a iron, web-spewing forgotten beast on the 3rd cavern layer that flew over the walls of my tunnels (built to access the adamatine spire I just uncovered) and killed my miners, robbing me of the chance of burying it. At the same time, a siege arrived. So, after surviving 2 tantrum spirals, 3 sieges and 4 forgotten beasts/titans, I wound up with 40 dwarves, none of which could hold a weapon without poking their own eye out, cowering behind a raised bridge.

Figuring this wasn't a dorfy enough end to the fort, I lowered the bridge and let the gobbos in. Forgotten beast seemed not to mind the gobbos and sat in the lower levels while we got slaughtered. When we were down to the last 2 dorfs I abandoned the fort.

Anyway, I launch a heavily armed reclaim mission to try and at least clear the gobbos and seal the lower levels so a later reclaim can take place. When it gets there, all the gobbos are marked friendly.
Anyone know why this is?

Xinael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: After losing a seige, friendly gobbos?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 08:01:58 am »

That often happens on reclaim. Sieges on the site are assumed to be friendly. No idea why. The forgotten beast probably won't be, anyway.

Solon64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 05:51:02 pm »

They'll be marked friendly until more gobbos from their civilization show up, then they turncoat in a most glorious fashion.

I recommend building your fort around a central courtyard housing all the gobbos. Think of it as a prison camp. Then? QUELL THE UPRISING WITH BRUTALITY AND VIOLENCE.
PS: Seriously, you must have, like, super-getting-lost skills. You could go missing in a straight corridor and impale yourself on flat ground if I don't tell you where to go.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2013, 06:47:14 pm »

They'll be marked friendly until more gobbos from their civilization show up, then they turncoat in a most glorious fashion.

I recommend building your fort around a central courtyard housing all the gobbos. Think of it as a prison camp. Then? QUELL THE UPRISING WITH BRUTALITY AND VIOLENCE.

This is a wonderful idea.
If only reclaim mode wasn't so frustrating...