Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Mah dorfs, they won't train! (But are trying to?)  (Read 1883 times)

Lightman

• Bay Watcher
  • The groboclones are looking for you.
    • View Profile
Re: Mah dorfs, they won't train! (But are trying to?)
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2013, 08:02:40 pm »

I'm also having a problem with archery practice.  I created a squad of three and assigned them to the targets.  The job list shows "Go to Archery Practice" for all three dwarves.  However, they just stand around and do nothing.  I checked and they have crossbows but their quivers are empty.  I set the training to be done with bone bolts, which I have created; there are bins of bone bolts sitting right by the archery range.

How do I get this to work?  They are obviously in training mode but they won't gather ammo and go practice.

Necrisha

• Bay Watcher
  • 0.0 0.o o.0 o.o -.- zzzZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2013, 09:53:59 pm »

If you get reaaally annoyed at cancellation spam you can go into orders and tell them to not announce at all. then you'll just get the big stuff like suspended buildings or if it's the result of a creature.

EDIT: try an ammo stockpile that doesn't use bins lightman. it could help.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 10:06:45 pm by Necrisha »
EDIT: Keas restricted to tropical forests where they belong.  Those evil, EVIL, foul little things.

Edit: The baby murderer became a friend of the fortress, which started a loyalty cascade, and now most of the squad is dead.

Manze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2013, 10:45:59 pm »

My marksdwarves seem to use the archery range a lot more if they're in a squad of 6-8. A 2squad seldom uses the ranges, spending most time working on different forms of combat training, and a 10squad does the same. I've had the best luck with 6-dwarf squads.
Pages: 1 [2]