Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I have an idea for a dwarven roller coaster.  (Read 853 times)

Pullarius

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
I have an idea for a dwarven roller coaster.
« on: March 15, 2013, 02:23:11 pm »

My idea is to have the minecrat roll down a hill.  Skipp across magma then water then magma etc etc then shotgun the dwarf (in armor) right into the hospital wall and landing on a bed for instant treatment.  I was wondering if that would be a good idea to melt the fat off and if it would work?  And also i think it would be key to add items to make every cart weigh the same but how do you check the dwarfs weight?
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities

- Voltaire, French author, and philosopher

Bavette

• Bay Watcher
  • The last of the great mountain giants.
    • View Profile
Re: I have an idea for a dwarven roller coaster.
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 03:41:09 pm »

This is amazing. You HAVE to do it.
"What is a dwarf? A miserable pile of !FUN!?"

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 04:15:10 pm »

For an escaped lunatic, that is a brilliant idea.

Welcome to the forums.

Now, if we can convert this idea into a slot-car racetrack, then we'll be in more business.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 04:37:40 pm »

Unfortunately melting fat off isn't really effective anymore. Super disappointing.

And even with the dwarf landing on top of a hospital bed, I'm sure it'll still be weeks until he's treated. :P
I don't think creatures can be shotgun'd through fortifications, so not sure how the launching mechanism would work.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 04:40:32 pm by UrbanGiraffe »

Pullarius

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2013, 04:38:19 pm »

I have never gotten around to working with minecarts or pump stacks for magma so I probbably will fail miserably for this  :-[
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities

- Voltaire, French author, and philosopher

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2013, 04:52:44 pm »

Did Edison give up when he created a crappy lightbulb? Heck no! He kept at it until he made one that works. Even if it fails, something will be learned, so do it and ask questions later! We wouldn't be where we are today without some insanity in creation after all.

(never mind that Edison practically stole the lightbulb idea, and electricity production stuff from the true mad scientist, Nikola Tesla. Edison was just the guy who ran a successful smear campaign against someone who didn't make jack squat from his inventions, and worked his butt off. Edison is a dick.)

Necrisha

• Bay Watcher
  • 0.0 0.o o.0 o.o -.- zzzZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2013, 09:37:21 pm »

Until you watch Sanctuary and come to the conclusion that they're both whiny obnoxious dicks...
EDIT: Keas restricted to tropical forests where they belong.  Those evil, EVIL, foul little things.

Edit: The baby murderer became a friend of the fortress, which started a loyalty cascade, and now most of the squad is dead.

Deus Morti

• Bay Watcher
  • Veteran Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2013, 09:15:23 am »

Until you watch Sanctuary and come to the conclusion that they're both whiny obnoxious dicks...
The prize goes to whoever finds some way to prove this applies to everyone, or at least scientists (note, !!SCIENTISTS!! are exempt).
Seal off your fortress and make it impregnable, then use screw pumps to flood every inch of that town in magma. Either that or dig too deep and watch as the circus comes to town. Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
A goblin daycare center, a Dwarven cat herd on the move. A kobold cautiously trying to steal a tooth from a clear crystal Plains Titan[...]

Hamiltonz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2013, 09:25:59 am »

Intelligence is inversely proportional to socialness.  Or maybe that should be science is inversely proportional.  Well anyway, the more successful a scientist is the more antisocial they appear to be.  And we all know that antisocial people are whiny obnoxious dicks.

Ergo, scientists are dicks. (joke!!!)

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2013, 04:25:24 pm »

Load the carts with magma and build the system to shoot carts to the outside of  your fort

THE MILITARY USES. THEY ARE ENDLESS

DROWN GOBBYN SIEGES WITH MAGMA

MAGMA AND FLAME

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2013, 05:15:29 pm »

About magma-water-magma-water:
Doesn't running a minecart under or through (or skipping it across) fluid fill said minecart with the glob version of that liquid? So let's say we have it go over a low-friction track stop to dump into a pit after going through magma and water. Since I'm 60% certain dumping a glob into a pit turns it into 1/7 fluid, does dumping both into a pit create obsidian?
If we can't get the dorf-to-the-hospital-and-melt-his-fat-off idea to work, at least we can get an obsidian farm out of this.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Bavette

• Bay Watcher
  • The last of the great mountain giants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2013, 02:40:47 pm »

About magma-water-magma-water:
Doesn't running a minecart under or through (or skipping it across) fluid fill said minecart with the glob version of that liquid? So let's say we have it go over a low-friction track stop to dump into a pit after going through magma and water. Since I'm 60% certain dumping a glob into a pit turns it into 1/7 fluid, does dumping both into a pit create obsidian?
If we can't get the dorf-to-the-hospital-and-melt-his-fat-off idea to work, at least we can get an obsidian farm out of this.
*Wheeeze* *Wheeze* "Encase him in carbonite!" *Wheeze*
_Vader
"What is a dwarf? A miserable pile of !FUN!?"