Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The price is right  (Read 1333 times)

Bamalam

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
The price is right
« on: March 15, 2013, 07:12:27 am »

Who can guess the price of the soon to be created artifact!

So after a crown, harp, earring, marble door, hatch cover, and leather skirt finally a decent artifact may be in the making. Doren Degeltost, Weaponsmith, has begun a mysterious construction in a Metalsmith Forge.

The ingredients:
gold bars
(giant cave spider silk cloth)
rough red grossulars
point cut gold opals
mahogany logs
tetrahedrite
point cut gold opals
(cougar leather)

What will the final product be and how many dwarf bucks will it be worth!?

Come on down!

ps And why are some of the ingredients in brackets? (Still a bit of a noob.. ok a lot)

Kibstable

• Bay Watcher
  • We didn't start the fire...
    • View Profile
Re: The price is right
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 07:33:09 am »

I'll guess a gold warhammer meanacing with spikes of leather, encrusted with opals, mahogany, opals and tetrahedrite finished off with a nice pink spidersilk cloth bow. total worth 68800

KtosoX

• Bay Watcher
  • Playing DF since 18.08.2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 08:11:09 am »

I guess it's going to be a golden spear worth around 74000 dorf bucks.
Build a grid of floor grates above the entire city. Draft a squadron of masons and bomb the crap out of the city with falling constructed walls.
The Geneva Convention would like to have a word with you.
Quote from: Aleksanderus
I have clicked "d" in a forge and look what it did!

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 08:51:54 am »

Brackets mean it't imported, as opposed to made in the fortress.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Solon64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2013, 02:14:35 pm »

I'm guessing its whatever weapon that weaponsmith has a preference for.

You don't assign smiths based on their weapon/material preferences? You're missing out on a lot of potentially awesome weapons :p

Value: 112,000 dorfbucks. That gold oughta make it fairly valuable.
PS: Seriously, you must have, like, super-getting-lost skills. You could go missing in a straight corridor and impale yourself on flat ground if I don't tell you where to go.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2013, 02:24:28 pm »

I'll guess right about 96,000 Dwarfbucks. Those gems could be pretty valuable sometimes.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Bamalam

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2013, 06:51:48 pm »

If only it had been a weapon as some guessed above...

Shadmalvir Isos Ezneth, "Confusestars the Dale of Fragments", a spiked gold ball

This is a spiked gold ball. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encirled with bands of giant cave spider silk, square cut gold opals and cougar leather. This object menaces with spikes of gold and mahogany.
On the item is an image of Confusestars the Dale of Fragments the spiked gold ball in red grossular.
On the item is an image of a tapered baguette cut gem in tetrahedrite.
On the item is an image of Confusestars the Dale of Fragments the spiked gold ball in gold opal.

549,600 dwarf bucks! Never would have guessed that!

Created wealth now 1,531,560!

Oh and after reading your post Solon64 I have learnt something, hopefully I would have realised this at some point haha. Indeed Doren Degeltost's prefence was spiked balls. Time for some changes.

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2013, 06:57:37 pm »

Dang, looks like Solon64 wins.  I was going to do the tried-and-true "1 dwarfbuck"  :D

This dwarf puts TWO pictures of the artifact on said artifact?  no wonder it's worth a half-million.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2013, 08:30:32 pm »

I dunno, that's not too bad. Even if the spikes on the ball can't get through armour, the weight of the gold should be pretty effective. How much does it weigh?
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2013, 08:46:50 pm »

It has gold in it and gems in it so I am gonna go ahead and say around 128000 DFB.

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2013, 10:08:19 pm »

With gold as base material and three gems, i would have guessed a battle axe worth a quarter million. Of course, the spiked ball you got is much more useful (i think they convert damage to blunt if the spikes don't get through) and immensely more valuable. The final value of a weaponsmithing mood using a valuable base material depends very much on the item you get. War hammers have a base price of 9 dwarfbucks, spiked balls and serrated discs of 126.