Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Balance and Concetration as a displayable metric, and Stress  (Read 4531 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Balance and Concetration as a displayable metric, and Stress
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2013, 08:51:26 pm »

The (!) aren't as arbitrary as you might think, and aren't necessary to hurt someone or even win fights easily. The hit and damage chances are based on relative facing of the combatants, and size/spacial differences (head seems harder to hit from prone position), but currently the game makes no indication of which way anyone is facing, so it can be very unintuitive and seem random. Toady says that, at least with sneaking, we'll be able to see which way people are facing in the upcoming release.

(!) are just very good hits, "criticals", and personally I don't see them very often and thus don't rely on them. More often I just cripple the legs and then either finish them in this weaker state (often when they pass out from pain/shock) or, with them crippled with open arteries, leave them to die as they no longer pose a threat.

Basically, with the update in facing, we might also need more stances than just "prone" and "standing".
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]