Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Undead So Weak?  (Read 1172 times)

Werehuman

• Bay Watcher
  • Talented Modder
    • View Profile
Undead So Weak?
« on: March 13, 2013, 08:04:25 pm »

From what I know, there are 3 main sources of zombies, the animated corpses from a necromancer, the evil weather thralls/husks, and the 'special zombies underground'. I have yet to see the last one, but is it as vulnerable as the animated corpses, or the more durable thrall/husk? I am wondering if any modders who know anything about this interaction, where in the raws does it give the 'hit points' of the animated corpses, or however it makes the undead collapse after losing a leg, etc. To be specific, my goal is to create a thrall in the arena, like how you can make a vampire. I just want it to be similar to one, if the answer to my first question that the hfs zombies are like thralls, then I'll just add an arena name to it.
+Signature+
This signature menaces with spikes of boringness.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: Undead So Weak?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 12:46:18 am »

Curious structure zombies are identical to those raised by a necromancer or an evil biome.

Hit points for zombies are hardcoded, so you can't change them.

There have been a few threads dealing with the creation of thralls before, I don't have time right now to give the exact reaction, but I'm sure a little searching or somebody else here can point you int eh right direction for you thralling interaction.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 01:54:13 am »

I think thralling may be the zombie syndrome with more phys att bonuses and maybe a material force multiplier.. I also have a feeling that the hitpoints are caused by the ANIMATE interaction at this point and not necessarily the undeadness of the zombies.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 01:57:16 am »

I think thralling may be the zombie syndrome with more phys att bonuses and maybe a material force multiplier.. I also have a feeling that the hitpoints are caused by the ANIMATE interaction at this point and not necessarily the undeadness of the zombies.
As well as the addition of a whole bunch of NO_xxxx tokens (NO_DIZZINESS, NO_SLEEP, NOSTUN, NONAUSEA, etc.)
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Gaybarowner

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOW_LEARNER] [VERMIN_HATEABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2013, 06:36:10 am »

One thing I never understood was the "hitpoints" I though by stabbing or slicing off a body part ot has a chance to collapse
but then again I am stupid

Werehuman

• Bay Watcher
  • Talented Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2013, 10:22:44 am »

Might be possible by having a syndrome that animates it, then transforms it into something similar to a thrall. I'm terrible with syndromes though, especially transformations, so I don't really know.
+Signature+
This signature menaces with spikes of boringness.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2013, 12:25:51 pm »

As well as the addition of a whole bunch of NO_xxxx tokens (NO_DIZZINESS, NO_SLEEP, NOSTUN, NONAUSEA, etc.)

That's what I meant by "zombie syndrome" :P

One thing I never understood was the "hitpoints" I though by stabbing or slicing off a body part ot has a chance to collapse
but then again I am stupid

In my DBZ mod, saiyans kill undead in one hit regardless of where that hit happens to be; this is probably because the mean strength for saiyans is 3550, compared to 1000 for humans.