Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Weaponizing Everything  (Read 2146 times)

coldmonkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Weaponizing Everything
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2013, 05:19:32 pm »

Weaponised beserkers are Cool but Impractical.
What we need are obsidian sword minecart catapults, which consist of minecarts loaded with swords dumped on a raising bridge. Then launched at goblins.
But obsidian swords need to be produced.  Instead, just use stolen goblin weapons, dumped into a cart.  It makes a snowball effect as each kill makes for a heavier load next season.
Oooh, that's efficiency. I like that. And we can launch elves, too.
Can we launch berserker elves?
I'm pretty sure merchants go insane if you keep them from leaving for long enough.
So all we'd need to do is trap the elven caravan on a drawbridge, along with all the other crap we're launching, wait for them to go mad, and then launch them at migrants invaders.
How about trapping a Necromancer, loading minecarts with corpses and bodyparts, and when a siege arrives, you have them all reanimated and shot out at the invaders?
I found a human city named Sleevevirgins. It was easily the biggest city in the world, so clearly I wasn't the first person to come inside the city's walls.

Necrisha

• Bay Watcher
  • 0.0 0.o o.0 o.o -.- zzzZ
    • View Profile
Re: Weaponizing Everything
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2013, 09:30:22 pm »

reversing that would probably work better- launch the body parts and as the minecart passes the pressure plate lowering the drawbridge to a necromancer room with a window. the body parts may or may not be animated when they land. or just have the track designed to go by a necro window while being launched-

Man if I wasn't running DF on a netbook I'd try that. the fps death would be intolerable right now.
EDIT: Keas restricted to tropical forests where they belong.  Those evil, EVIL, foul little things.

Edit: The baby murderer became a friend of the fortress, which started a loyalty cascade, and now most of the squad is dead.
Pages: 1 [2]