Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Tribes of Ice RTD [Turn 2: Wolves Everywhere]  (Read 8790 times)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: Tribes of Ice RTD [Turn 1: Noisy Neighbors]
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2013, 03:49:36 am »

Find someway of making a fire.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2013, 01:02:57 pm »

This isn't good...

Can I "combine" small hides into big ones?

Convert two points of Hunger into Heat. Eat the rabbit meat.
Try to find some rocks and knap them into a sharp implement. Keep flint stones, if any. Wonder where I would get steel.
Try to make a needle from rabbit's bones.
Try to make a single fur boot from the rabbi hide.
Locate moss and sticks and, if possible, make a campfire.

If I can't solve my heat situation soon, I'm going to be a personsicle...
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 06:29:43 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2013, 01:24:10 pm »

Hm. Forgot to make sheet. *shrug* Good turn out eh? We've got some incredible players here. IronyOwl is too good a GM to turn down.

Name: Bato Leewarse
Race: Giant (Just a taller person really. Easier to reach the top cupboard and harder to squeeze into the crawlspace below the house)
Appearance: Has dark, shaggy hair that he has never bothered to cut, and a lean, well muscled body from his daily toils, though he's still rather skinny from lack of food. Was born especially large, and is currently just under seven feet tall.
Bio: A massive human who was shunned from his former tribe on the plains. He was driven by his fellow man towards icier climes and they still hunt him to this day, believing him to be possessed by their god of the hunt, who must be vanquished once every year in order to ensure a healthy amount of game inhabits the tall grass. He has been running ever since, his simple mind telling him only that he must survive.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2013, 06:08:07 pm »

[Brethren of height! Rejoice, for the reign of the little people shall be a short lived one!
GWG: You can sacrifice a point of hunger to gain a point of heat, which I imagine will be our main way of staying warm for now. You only get hurt for half a point if you go below zero hunger, which is much nicer than losing several points of health for going below heat.]

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2013, 06:28:27 pm »

GWG: You can sacrifice a point of hunger to gain a point of heat,
EDITIMG ACTION
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2013, 09:11:37 pm »

Growlner looked into the cave. It's not safe... at least that is what he thinks. Best to have a weapon before exploring a place such as this.

Go back outside and do some hunting. If I have time, pick up some long sticks, sharp stones, and something that seems like I can tie them together while I'm hunting.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 03, 2013, 03:15:30 am »

Turn 2: Wolves Everywhere

MORNING

Continue towards light, keep an ear and eye out for whatever made those sounds.
[1] You soon find out exactly what made those sounds, or at least what sometimes makes similar sounds as it bursts from its hiding place and barrels down on you.

[5] vs [3] You quickly outrun whatever it is, though. Its a bug of some kind, massive, long, and segmented or banded. You think you could put up a good fight, but you don't fancy your chances if it had caught you.

Eventually you tire, catch your breath, and continue on, eventually making it out of that damned crevasse. The region around here is fairly open, with gentle hills and snowdrifts and the occasional tree.

-2 Heat

Aestus grumbled to himself, feeling chilled. If things continue like this, he'll freeze to death, not something he's looking forward to. He cracks his neck and scowls. Damn noises. He wishes it would just show itself so he can pull the life from its soon-to-be carcass. Aestus growls at whatever place he believes the noise to be coming from, wishing he had time to stop and face this annoyance, but he knew that he must move on, lest the cold get him. There's no fighting that, sadly. Yet.

A: Continue southwest-ish, west if southwest is not possible.
     a1: Keep eye out for source of noise.

[You know, this crevasse wouldn't actually be that bad of a place to stay at night. During the day it is a pretty bad place to stay though.]
[4] Southwestish is quite possible; it's straight north or south that give you trouble. Winds or something, certainly.

You trek further out of the crevasse, but still aren't quite free. You must have wandered deeper than you thought...

You're also quite cold.

-3 Heat

Theenya recalled the Great Hunt was always undertaken to start, as one was from birth-with no personal possessions. Not even her warm Fox-Cloak and beloved springbug bow. She could only take what clothes were needed to preserve modesty.

Which was a decided disadvantage, at the moment.

After a moment, she spoke loudly in the common trade language

"If ye be beast, you already know I'm here. If ye be man or animal-ken, know I mean you no harm."

She tensed for flight, looking for a nearby tree to climb up in case of trouble...

Major Action: Speak above, and ascertain the source and nature of the noise, flee up a tree if needed.

((Ah dang, I joined another straight d6 RTD...how so very pointless. <_<))
[2] You turn and find a wolf snarling at you. It's advancing, but slowly and menacingly.

[2] The thing about being short is that all the good branches are really high up, which makes climbing up them faster than a wolf can eat you difficult. You suspect you're going to have to deal with this on the ground.

-1 Heat

Find someway of making a fire.
[4] You find three branches. That was easy.

Still need some flint, however.

+3 Branches
-1 Heat

This isn't good...

Can I "combine" small hides into big ones?

Convert two points of Hunger into Heat. Eat the rabbit meat.
Try to find some rocks and knap them into a sharp implement. Keep flint stones, if any. Wonder where I would get steel.
Try to make a needle from rabbit's bones.
Try to make a single fur boot from the rabbi hide.
Locate moss and sticks and, if possible, make a campfire.

If I can't solve my heat situation soon, I'm going to be a personsicle...
((Yes, but you need a needle and some thread.

Also nevermind the steel. Originally I was going to have you start with flint and steel, but then I decided to just make flint the important part and handwave what exactly you're sparking it with. Maybe it's actually sparkstone, or the common rocks around here are very iron-rich.))

You eat some delicious meat and exercise vigorously, warming yourself up in no time.

[1] Stick, stick, moss, stick, wolf. Uh...

[1] vs [2] You try to run, but it's right behind you.

-2 Heat, +2 Heat, -2 Rabbit Meat

Growlner looked into the cave. It's not safe... at least that is what he thinks. Best to have a weapon before exploring a place such as this.

Go back outside and do some hunting. If I have time, pick up some long sticks, sharp stones, and something that seems like I can tie them together while I'm hunting.
[1] You find a wolf. It appears to be hunting like you. Only possibly more successfully than you, because it's found you while you've only found it.

[6] vs [1] You bolt and quickly escape.

[?] All of you feel a peculiar disturbance in the air. Depending on what you're doing right this moment, that might be more or less interesting.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: Tribes of Ice RTD [Turn 2: Wolves Everywhere]
« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2013, 04:23:17 am »

Sacrifice hunger for heat. (Can I say meat for heat in the future?  :P) Check position of sun. Check inventory. Look for shelter. Check the ground for any flint.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2013, 04:46:03 am »

Look for some flint
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 03, 2013, 05:21:33 am »

Hey, this isn't dead, but I probably still am. Seems I can't roll barely above a 3 in any of ironyowls games, what a coincidence.

Ummm...

Action: Stare the Wolf down and roar it into submission. I'm the pack leader now!

When If that fails, proceed to break it's neck with Snow Hobbit jujitsu.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 03, 2013, 06:11:11 am »

Well that went well... Well against everything telling him otherwise, Growlner want see what's in this cave. Maybe something useful could be inside... or better yet, nothing is inside and he could this as his home since it's rather warmer here then outside.

Quietly and cautiously search the cave. If I run into anything dangerous and alive, just go back to the entrance before I alert it.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 03, 2013, 06:55:29 am »

Aw carp.

Hm...fight or flight? Fight a natural near-top predator with my bare hands and a rabbit hide, or run away from an endurance hunter which is better than me over short distances? Well, again, carp.

Distract/blind the wolf with the rabbit hide. Find a hiding place. Wait for the wolf to leave.

If it does, set a few snares for more prey and see if I can find berries or a permanent, non-wolf-infested shelter, and ideally some firewood and good flints, too.

Convert 1 Hunger to Heat and wonder if I made that rabbit bone needle. If not and if possible, do so. Also wonder how I would get thread and stuff.
Sig

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 03, 2013, 07:30:27 am »

You could probably make thread out of sinew.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 03, 2013, 08:23:31 am »

A: Sacrifice three hunger for heat
B: Continue trying to get out of this cavern.

[Fancy stuff later. NAOW]

Aestus growled to himself again, patting himself down to try and ward the cold off. He muttered to himself a long string of harsh names against the cavern, calling it around everything in the Giantish book, which is quite large indeed. It kept him occupied at least. After calming down, he continued trying to make his way out of this damned cavern. A giant could not fight the cold, could not fight the dark, not now, not yet, perhaps not ever. But he'll be shamed if it would take him without a fight. Aestus started signing songs of old, of heroes and the fantastical, things long since passed down amongst his clan. His clan... No, he definitely can't be struck down now, not yet. Too much to do. He lost himself in the revelry of old songs, forgetting his present situation with a confident, toothy grin as he made his way through the caverns, towards what he hopes to be the exit.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 02:13:28 pm by Xanmyral »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]